Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
JCizzle
AF Newbie

Newbe

I have a 1993 prelude si 4ws. I bought it two summers ago really cheap and its in like new condition, especially the interior. The exterior definitly needs painted and has a little rust by both back tires. I luck into a full body kit, a carbon fiber hood, and a stainless steel header anf the whole exaust system. I just started fixing it up and and bought a cold air intake for it and was wondering what else I could get performance wise.....I was thinking an intake manifold and a set of under drive pulleys.......any advise would be nice!!!!

I was also wondering about my engine. I know i have an si 2.3 but sometimes it says on thind like h22 or h23 how do i find out what i have
JCizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

Re: Newbe

Sounds like you have all of the usual bolt-on mods. Underdrive pulleys, a lightweight flywheel and a clutch kit would help a little.

IMO the stock intake manifold is good enough for a mostly stock engine. An aftermarket intake manifold won't do much unless you've built the internals (pistons, cams, etc...). The same goes for MSD's, ITB's and fuel rails - minimal gains on stock internals. Not worth the money unless the internals are built and most of those parts aren't street legal, so it's a hassle with smog-checks.

You have an H23 engine. The H22 engine is a 2.2 litre VTEC.
Gohan Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Prelude