Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

My trip to bali. warning: there are some disturbing pictures of animals

Hey guys,

I took these shots in Bali.

The traffic is chaotic but works.

This was in an artist's shop. It can take 100kg and has working rear suspension and steering!!!

They put whatever sticker anywhere!!
No-one has Harleys there except the super rich and westerners. I saw a CBR1000RR sticker on a shitbox delivery truck held together by gaffer tape. (Start the Honda jokes now!!)

These are the scooters they ride everywhere. they cost about $1000AUS and considering they only earn about $20 a week, is expensive!

Transporting cows!
the roads are tiny so there are no large vehicles.

this made me ill. this sheep is alive!

On a lighter note......

these are the helmets that are "legal" to wear. the only rule is basically a head covering.

And now something you thought you'd never see! Me on a scooter

This scooter belonged to our driver. He couldn't afford to repair it. He needed $75 to fix it. when we left, we gave him the money to fix it.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Re: My trip to bali. warning: there are some disturbing pictures of animals

duuuuuude, you bought that helmet didn't you,

I'm astonished that you didn't get struck by lightning as soon as your ass hit that scooters seat, !!! I think it's cool you gave the driver the money to fix it, but I never would have thought you would donate your money to resurrect one.

Looks like you had a nice trip, and nice pics on the cultural differences. What was the story on the goat?!?!

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
aussieidiot
Gone crazy! Back soon

I donated the money because Augusta (the driver) worked his ass off. His dad walked out on his mum years ago so he had to help look after the family. This is almost a third world country. He worked as a driver for the resort and was at our beck and call. So if we wanted to go somewhere at 4am, he had to be up at 3am. He had a laundry business, a car hire business and a pushcart selling whatever he could. He almost lost his family in an earthquake a few years ago.
Unfortunately most of the guests at the resort couldn't care less and don't tip them. Since Kelly and I are both "working class" we could appreciate his work ethic and wanted to help him out. we paid for his lunch when we went out (i thought of it as a translation service) and bought his kid a remote control car. that cost us $30 but was the most expensive toy in the shop!

I bought that helmet for my mate Danno who is a dickhead and would wear it with pride while on a mini dirtbike. I bought myself this one.

They sell goat as we have lamb. we saw the goat strapped down so it couldn't move. it was making very disturbing noises. it was so mistreated.

we went to a local restaurant which only served nasi goreng (fried rice) mie goreng (fried noodle) and satay sticks. each came as either chicken, goat or beef. we had 3 serves of the goreng, and about six serves of the satay, drank coke and ate sooo much food for about $20.00
Old 12-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieidiot
They sell goat as we have lamb. we saw the goat strapped down so it couldn't move. it was making very disturbing noises. it was so mistreated.
Unfortunately, virtually all food animals make disturbing noises at the end of their existence
One either gets used to it or goes vegetarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieidiot
we went to a local restaurant which only served nasi goreng (fried rice) mie goreng (fried noodle) and satay sticks. each came as either chicken, goat or beef.
It actually may have been funnier to post the goat picture along with pics of your dinner as a before-and-after montage.

Anyways, great pics and description.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes