Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 02:04 AM   #16
pkellymc
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to pkellymc
Re: rear lamp failure error message

Well, my intermittent problem with message turned chronic. After reading all the posts here, I checked my upper brake lamps; one of the three was out (bulb 191?). Replaced it but still got the error whenever I'd turn on the lights. Today, I had some free time so I pulled both rear corner light units. One of the top/outside mini-bulbs was out. I also pulled both license plate illumination lenses and both lamps were out. I went to Schucks and bought a package (each) of 168's and 194's, sorry but I forget which went where. I also pulled all the 56 and 57's and gave each base/socket a glob of dielectric grease. Donno which one(s) did the trick, but my REAR LAMP error no longer comes on when I turn on the lights. Hope this helps someone.
pkellymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
Cappie86
AF Newbie

I had the same problem with my 93 JGC Ltd, found the problem with the wiring to the trailer hitch. Fixed that, Rear Lamp Failure went out....and has not returned since.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
1998JGC
AF Newbie

I received the "Rear Lamp Failure" message and the left High Mount Brake light was out.
1998JGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:57 PM   #19
USMC74
AF Newbie

I have a 94 JGC I am getting rear lamp failure. I have no backup lights. I already replaced the switch on the tranny repaired the connector. What else am I missing? The bulbs are good.
USMC74 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8