Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 04:53 PM   #16
JE123
AF Enthusiast

I can't stop looking at those pics. Awsome car man!
JE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 07:47 PM   #17
hermunn123
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hermunn123
very very very very VERY nice car man!! i love that!!!! why the wing though?? is your main job just co-owner of that dealership? if so, i think i might want to own a car dealership...

Please impede from anathematizing me just because I elocute loquacious locutions more Brobdingnaging than one could elucidate with a perspicacity as Lilliputian as your own.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 10:11 PM   #18
2cooljay
AF Regular

Well Hermunn123, I am founder and CEO of Metoyer Computer Consulting and the co-owner of fox valley motor cars. For JE123, the cost was 1.3 million but i didn't really pay that, because i am co-owner i have the privelage of any car on the lot that I want. The last car i had was a 99 lamborghini diablo vt Alpine Edition. That was probably the sweetest car that I've ever owned. It was a chick magnet. I think that i just might hold onto the mclaren due to the fact that it is a collector's dream and if i hold it for a while the value of the car will appreciate and i could make a huge profit. The mclaren is also a huge chick magnet but i have a girlfriend so it does me no good!!!!
2cooljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 11:26 PM   #19
Mclaren F1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mclaren F1
too further believe that u own a mclaren, can u take a pic of the car with some kinda of item in it, like a teddy bear and take a pic of it, posting it on the net for us? I find it SO hard to believe.....sorry man.....this a GOD car we are talking about
Mclaren F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 02:01 AM   #20
kris
Off playing with fire.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mclaren F1
too further believe that u own a mclaren, can u take a pic of the car with some kinda of item in it, like a teddy bear and take a pic of it, posting it on the net for us? I find it SO hard to believe.....sorry man.....this a GOD car we are talking about
ummm...

Quote:
Originally posted by 2cooljay
just in case you are wondering i am also co-owner of fox valley motor cars. Thats why you can see the dealership in the background. I have to get a new digital camera. My girlfriend dropped my last one. as soon as i get a new one i'll take some new pics and some with me in it. I'll try to get some while on the road. See ya later.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 02:56 PM   #21
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Stupid middle class family

Its a good thing I am good with computers!

And I always have a shock when I see that gold on the engine And its nice to know that not all F1 owners are weinies
Old 11-30-2001, 03:59 PM   #22
JE123
AF Enthusiast

Hey 2cooljay can you bring it to my house so I could drive it? j/k unless you want too of course.

How fast have you got it up too? I bet nobody will even try to race that thing. Except maybe some stupid ricers.
JE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 11:19 PM   #23
2cooljay
AF Regular

hey guys sorry i haven't posted in a few days. i was at merger meeting in seatle. I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of my membership status. I wish to withdraw because i have received several harassing emails due to me posting pics of my car. I received 15 emails since i've been gone. people are asking me to buy them cars, they are calling me a fucking liar, they are asking for my adress so they can come and see if i really own a mclaren. I thought that this was a good forum but it is full of ignorant kids. Just to let you guys know, i do really own a mclaren and would have loved to share my experiences with the lot of you, but you forced me to leave. again sorry and i hope you guys are a little guilty.
2cooljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 11:24 PM   #24
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
If you go to Edit Profile Options you can hide your email address from other members. That should stop the emails. If they were sent through AF, then they were sent blind, and the senders didn't get to see the address. You can also disable the private messaging feature and there's an "Ignore List" so you can block posts by other users you don't like.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 11:47 PM   #25
G-Forces
Banned

You have to understand people are going to naturally skeptical about this sort of thing. You're driving the most exclusive car in the world (except of course the G-forces tuned G20. Only one in the world )

I personally have a hard time believing that anyone with the means to own such a car would waste his time on this fourm. I can't see what he'd have in common with the average enthusiest. Where we can only dream of driving such a car it's no biggie to you. The damn thing is in your garage. At least you're taking it too the track and driving it.

I feel bad that there are immature people out there sending you that crap. I'm sure you worked hard you get your F1, not to mention waited a damn long time for it. You seem like a cool person but I've been on the net for a long time and met a lot of people that spin tall tales. I'm not saying you're full of crap but to most people on the net it seems far fetched. You're fighting an uphill battle.

As for taking your F1 to the max, have you looked into some performance driving schools? Assuming you have the time.
G-Forces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 10:12 AM   #26
JE123
AF Enthusiast

Please stay. I want to hear stories about the car. Sorry if you didn't like my posts. I am kinda jealous of you but at the same time I am happy that you own a McLaren F1. I am sure that you worked hard to get it.
Old 12-02-2001, 01:00 PM   #27
NB8CT
Banned

That sucks man, I hate when people ruin a good thing for someone. Well good luck with the F1. 2 quick questions between the GT, LM, are the only things different in the aerodynamics, or are there interior and power differences? And the last question, think I could meet up with you so we could arrange to give my father a ride in your car? It would be the best christmas gift
NB8CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 01:56 PM   #28
hermunn123
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hermunn123
forget your dad, get a ride in it yourself!! well, there are 3 seats, so maybe both of you.

i want to know who sent you those emails and i'll kill em! we finally get someone with an F1 and they have to go act like assholes! there are guys on this board with lambos and nothing happens to them, but they all bitch to you. i'm apologizing to you for them since they are little dickheads

Please impede from anathematizing me just because I elocute loquacious locutions more Brobdingnaging than one could elucidate with a perspicacity as Lilliputian as your own.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 06:56 PM   #29
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Dont go!! People who say you are lying are dumb, pay no attention to them. They are jealous.

If people ask you for cars, they're just joking. Seriously.

I see you've eliminated your email, so please stay.
Old 12-02-2001, 08:21 PM   #30
kris
Off playing with fire.

Have you looked at his earlier posts?

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...er&userid=3817

Quote:
I am a college sutdent and i am studying to be a mechanical engineer. I was wondering how you like being an engineer. Is it a rewarding career. Do you like what you do. How is the pay? I've always wanted to meet an engineer but don't know any. Just give me your general opinion on engineering. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
College student to CEO in three months? :huh: edit: ONE month

Quote:
I was wondering what field of business i should get into, so one day I will be able to afford a lamborghini or a ferrari. Right now in college i am majoring in Finance with the specialization in Investment Management. Any incite would be helpful.
What business to get into?

Quote:
Hey guys im new to the board. I am thinking about getting a car, finally. I was wondering how much you guys pay for insurance for your mustangs. Cause i know how much the cars i am looking into buying cost, but insurance rates are also going to play a big role in my decision. I am also looking into buying a camaro.
A crustang?

Class, can you spell B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T.

Woah baby...
kris is offline   Reply With Quote