Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 06:24 AM   #16
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Re: No A/c, only hot and hotter!

Thanks for the info!!!
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:58 PM   #17
Robmoo
AF Newbie

My solution of disconnecting the battery didn't last long. after about 1.5 months the AC light would blink when my wife tried to turn the AC on. Now the light comes on but the AC doesn't. The air adjusts from a vent like temp to very hot, but no AC. I've got to check under the hood. When the light was blinking I checked the AC pressure and it was fine. I imagine it won't be as simple as a broken motor since my temp ranges from vent to full on heat. With the light blinking we thought it is the ECCP, but now that the light isn't blinking I'm just left guessing.
Robmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:51 AM   #18
BrownBravada
AF Newbie

Well I finally solved the problem. The blend door mototr isn't working. I reached in there with a 1/4 rachet and socket and on my 98 there are only two screws on the front of it. I will take some pics. Took a couple minutes and some scraped knuckles but I got it out. Then I just grabbed the shaft sticking up and turned it one way was heat the other way the A/C blew Ice cold. So since it's getting hot now and untill I get a new motor I just set the shaft to blow A/c and then slid the motor back on top to lock it in place on the cold side. Was pretty easy to diagnose once the motor was out. Any ideas on where to get a new one? any questions let me know.
BrownBravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:03 AM   #19
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Thanks for the update BrownBravada,
Have you checked the motor for a split gear hub that Boldsmobile mentioned on the first page of this thread?
Old 04-21-2006, 09:26 AM   #20
BrownBravada
AF Newbie

My problem was electrical with mine. Ha d the stereo loud one day and burned the electronics on it. One of the gears did look like it was cracked on one side. Also I am knew at this I took a bunch of pictures where do I put them . Thanks
BrownBravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #21
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

I don't know about the pictures....
Old 04-22-2006, 07:26 AM   #22
blazee
Problem?

blazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:21 PM   #23
indyhog
AF Newbie

Forum,
Just a little update, and pose a question to you. Problem is is still have no cold air. After replacing the blend door servo-motor in january I can adjust blend door though the temperature settings at that work just fine. I made sure this weekend. Thought the air will not get cold, just an abiant breeze. Aha! I thought to my self the compressor is never kicking on that has got to be the problem. So next I checked the refrigereant presure, it was a little low. Topped it off with 134 and that the compressor started to cycle on and off at about 5 sec intervals. Seemed to be fine but still no cold air! So now I am not sure what is my next step. If any one has ideas on what to trouble shoot next gimmie a shout. It is getting hot in Ohio!
indyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:47 AM   #24
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

I recently read a neat trick, mash one of the heater hoses closed with a clamp then see if you finally get cold ac...it would mean the blend door isn't quite shut.
Thanks for the update Indyhog...we've had some troublesome AC posts from others, yours is a great reminder.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:32 PM   #25
spddmn1
AF Newbie

My heat wasn't working. Just got it back from the shop & the actuator motor was bad, heater core plugged. Had that fixed & the hinge pins replaced on the drivers door. Grand total $940.84 The motor cost $225.
spddmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:41 PM   #26
boldsmobile
AF Newbie

Are you taking about the motor that runs the heater door flap? If so that motor should only cost between 50 - 75 dollars. I ended up fixing mine but before i did i priced out a new one and that was about the cost. To replace it you only need to drop the glove box door out of the way , unplug it and remove two screws.

I dont know if that is exactly what was wrong and what you had fixed but if so, i wouldnt ever go back ot that repair shop.

Not including your heater core or hinges, 50 motor and 50 labor. Feels like you were over charged somewhat.

1998 Bravada
1996 Aurora
1971 Cutlass
boldsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:38 PM   #27
spddmn1
AF Newbie

It was the heater door actuator. They had half the dash pulled apart. As far as the price of the motor, $225 was the price. have connections at a few dealerships & the price was legit. Took most of the day to F with. Most shops charge $20something an hour for labor. I run a small shop in my garage doing light duty work & charge $10 an hour labor. Doubt my own brother-in-law of 13 years would rip me off.
spddmn1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada