Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #1
Craig Journey
AF Newbie

2002 or later Q45 smoking on start

I have the newer 4.5 liter in my 2004 Q45 and wonder if anyone else has had this experience with their 4.5.

After several days without driving, occasionally on start, I get a large amount of smoke for about 10 seconds along with a very rough idle.

The mechanic in me thinks that I have a valve stem seal leaking oil from the over head valve area. If not allowed to sit over several days the oil on the top of the piston is very small and causes no problem. The longer period of not running allows a larger quantity to accumulate.

My Infiniti dealer looked at the issue and told me this was normal with the new 32 valve engines. My car has less than 17,000 miles on it and I just can not believe this is normal!

Anyone having this issue?

Craig
Craig Journey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45