Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
Rex8754
AF Newbie

WRX vs. RSX-S

HELP

Hi, I'm trying to decide between a Acura RSX Type S and a Subaru WRX. I am aware both cars can be different classes but please help me by telling me which you think is better and give reasons why. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS
Rex8754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:21 PM   #2
blackcomet
AF Regular

Re: WRX vs. RSX-S

WRX without question.. a lot faster in acceleration
blackcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:38 AM   #3
shawnwilliams
AF Enthusiast

personally i'd go with the rsx, it looks alot nicer, its going to last longer, its not as fast but still pretty quick. It has 2 doors, and theres more aftermarket sources.
Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley
Hotshot headers
3' Exhaust all the way
No cat
Cold air intake
K&N air filter
Short throw shifter
Eibach lowering springs
FX Design Body Kit
B&M Short Shifter
Stage 3 Clutch
MX-3 Flywheel
Performace Wires and Plugs
Synthetics
Performance Rad and fan
Mild Weight Reduction

Coming this week:
Performance Heads and Cams
3 angle head job

Why does everyone have to piss on Ford.
shawnwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
honda_racing101
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to honda_racing101 Send a message via MSN to honda_racing101 Send a message via Yahoo to honda_racing101

It depends what your going to do with the car...in my opinion id get the RSX, it may be a bit slower but its still a really fun car, and it will be WAY more reliable, not to mention theres a great aftermarket for them.
dSoc member #67
1995 Honda del Sol EG2 VTEC Milano Red. RIP :crook:
1994 Honda del Sol EG1 S-full VTEC conversion.

Buy my Del Sol parts!!
honda_racing101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings

im going to also say RSX-S.
that car is just so fun to drive, and its an Acura, so it'll hold its value well and it'll last much longer than the WRX.
The only thing the WRX has is the all-wheel drive, but that is a killer on insurance and repairs.
TheQuietThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:06 AM   #6
uranium235powered
AF Enthusiast

I'm personally a BIG fan of the Impreza's, but you may be better off with the Acura Integra. A common problem with the WRX'x is clutch slippage, and replacing a clutch isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. With the WRX, you have the ultimate AWD system possibly in existance, but alot of power is loss through the drivetrain because of that. And I've heard that their ECU's are a bit more harder to tune than other cars. Driving a WRX isn't the same as a typical grocery-getter either. Compared to the RSX type S, insurance for this car could be significantly alot more due to the fact that it is turbocharged from factory, and comes standard with all wheel drive. I know some insurance companies blacklist the WRX, just like every Skyline known to man.

Now, with the RSX type S, you've got a powerful block to begin with. If you're driving in the city alot, you probably wouldn't have the need for AWD anyways. With a few add-ons you could be boosting some power to the front wheels.

I personally like both cars, but I would take the Impreza anyday. But in real life, the Acura RSX type S seems like a better deal.

(Go and get the Acura RSX type S, so that there will be less WRX's around! )
uranium235powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:56 PM   #7
Rex8754
AF Newbie

I just wanted to thank everyone so far for their input and will continue to appreciate anyone else's opinions. I do live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and winters can be rough hence the AWD and practicality of a four door, but the RSX does offer unmatched reliability and most likely cheaper insurance prices.
Rex8754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #8
iVteC_PoWeR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to iVteC_PoWeR
WRX WRX WRX!!! That is if you have the money. It is quicker and is AWD, turbocharged, and boxer engine has LOTS of potential. But if money is a problem than you might have to go RSX. And also, throwing a new turbocharger in the WRX also makes it ALOT quicker and it can be tuned to take EVO8s and STIs pretty easily. I personally don't think the RSX-S is worth the money because if you plan to buy them used they will be around the same price (RSX might be just a bit cheaper).
iVteC_PoWeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:30 PM   #9
TwinTrbo
AF Newbie

I'm in the same boat

I've had the priveledge of driving both cars without a salesman along for the ride, and just to be honest, im a huge acura/honda fanatic, and the rsx type-s was great, but the subaru gave me a grin like no car has before. i took it and bagged it so hard, and it truly felt like a racecar, the rsx was a little more civilized. i live in edmonton, canada, and we have some nasty winters here, so i would get the subaru. surprisingly the insurance is cheaper for the subaru, because its a 4 door, the insurance company is out to lunch. i really like the look of both, i like the way both drive, and i have no reason to doubt that the subaru would be nearly as reliable as the acura. depends on what your looking for, i think the subaru is more hard core, the rsx is more civilized, and im no closer to making a decision......
TwinTrbo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A