Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #106
turk66460
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turk66460 Send a message via Yahoo to turk66460
Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.5sec92AWDTALON
Simple fact is it's WELL accepted the LS1 motored 1999-2002 SS/Z28 run very low 13's stock. Simple fact is that's the same motor as in the Corvette that's rated as 350 HP.

What makes you car Camaro and a Trans AM so special thats all i see when i go to the track. They are all Silver, Black, Blue, Or White. I know they pull the same numbers. Half the time i go to the snack bar. So dude Nothing special about your car. They are overpowered and slow.....Not to mention they can't handle for shit and as far as the reliability i am not gonna say 1 mother fucking word on that.
turk66460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:10 PM   #107
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

So in other words you're completely clueless when it comes to cars??? ROFLMAO!!!!!
10.5sec92AWDTALON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:10 PM   #108
turk66460
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turk66460 Send a message via Yahoo to turk66460
Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.5sec92AWDTALON
Now I know you're clueless. The 1986 Monte Carlo SS only ha 180 HP. ENTIRELY different motor than the LS1 which has 350 HP. Get your facts straight, what does a POS Monte have to do with this?
What does a POS monte carlo has to do with, they come from CHEVEROLET. THAT MAKES YOUR CAR A POS also.
turk66460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:12 PM   #109
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Uh, sure lemmee see, 180 HP boat anchor Monte, 350 HP SS...geee same thing, right???
Old 09-24-2004, 01:24 PM   #110
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk66460
What does a POS monte carlo has to do with, they come from CHEVEROLET. THAT MAKES YOUR CAR A POS also.
That might have had more impact if you spelled Chevrolet correctly, You Econo-Box driving uneducated waste of flesh
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
FormulaLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 01:25 PM   #111
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Ohhh wait, thats the funniest shit i ever heard. They run 13.1 STOCK 1/4. Come on the Evos and the WRX STI can't even run that. Heres my video of the Z28 running side by side. Humm that make my car a 13 sec car also.

Took the video out. Took too much bandwidth.
You are so out of touch with cars it's not funny. EVO, 276 HP, STI 300 HP, both weight about the same as my SS. My SS is rated at 325 HP, it's common knowledge among anyone with half a brain that the LS1 is actually putting out 350 in the 2000-2002 SS/Z28, same motor as the Vette/GTO which IS listed at 350 HP.

Now...An EVO/STI will run right with a SS in the 1/4 mile due to AWD, all are very low 13's cars...BUT...EVO/STI trap speed is about 102 MPH, SS/Z28 trap 106-108...those 4 -6 MPH show the 50+ additional HP the LS1 has over these cars.

Although close in the 1/4 mile an LS1 will take an EVO/STI out on the highway due to the additional HP and less drivetrain drag. AWD Sucks up HP out on the highway when your moving fast. I have an AWD Talon, I know a *bit* about AWD, LOL!
Old 09-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #112
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Oh, and for mr. dumbo non believer, here's 3 more slips, all car # 308, all 13.1's and.... I didn't wash the number off the car yet so here's the car #308 as on all my slips:

Anyone that knows anything about cars would not talk so uneducated as you have. Go out, learn something and then you can discuss cars without sounding so foolish. I don't mind folks have different opinions, that's what makes the world go round, we all like different stuff.... but you're just talking stupid.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:51 PM   #113
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

Really don't care to argue with any more brick walls today. Get out of the mags and onto the streets, where driver skill is as important as Torque.

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Steve Martin.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 03:31 PM   #114
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher
Really don't care to argue with any more brick walls today. Get out of the mags and onto the streets, where driver skill is as important as Torque.
Unless the LS1 you raced was in the entirely wrong gears with a dumb blond behind the wheel, driving skill would not make any difference.

Simple fact is an LS1 F body is a 13.5-13.1 car depending on exact options and year, with a top speed of about 160 MPH.

Your 265 Maxima weights ****EXACTLY*** the same as an F body. It runs 1/4 miles in about 15.0@95 and has a HP to weight ratio of 13.32 pounds per HP. The LS1 has a HP to weight ratio of better than 11 pounds per HP.

Anyone with any shred of common sense can see unless the LS1 was grossly underdriven by a complete dolt or in a state of ill repair it would destroy your Maxima.

I mean, give us a break.

We're not talking some reasonable comparision like the EVO to STI which are closely matched. AN LS1 to your Maxima is like night and day. There is no basis to compare em speedwise the LS1 is in another whole different catagory than your Maxima.

Now, an old LT1 might be a better comparision with only 275 HP and no underrating they were no where near as fast as an LS1.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:40 PM   #115
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Let's have fun and sort out Turk6640's bullshit.

He said..."Well to start of I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima GXE 5 Speed Manual trans everything stock. I am gonna list cars that i raced and won. Well here it goes."
-----------------------------------------
ok, FACTS: 1995 Maxima GXE = 190 HP. weight 3012 pounds. Average 1/4 mile 15.2@91. HP to weight ratio = 15.85 pounds per HP.

This car is simply slow as shit folks. Sorry, but it's a total dog, 190 HP would be fine in a 2000 pound car, but in a 3000 pound one...slow as shit. End of story.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------
~1999 Chevy Camaro Z28 Auto, Head to head, and took him by couple feet.

OK, facts:
LISTED HP 305,(ACTUAL 320+) WEIGHT 3439 POUNDS AVERAGE 1/4 MILE 13.3@106. HP TO WEIGHT RATIO 11.27 POUNDS PER HP. TOP SPEED 160 MPH.

Now, this guy needs to quit sniffing glue and go to detox, anyone with a shread of sense can see he's full of it here. Fact is the dude is seriously mistaken if he thinks he beat several of those rides listed, especially the 99 Z28.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:27 PM   #116
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

Apparently, since I beat one, it's not in a whole different class, now is it. Oh well. Like I said, quit mag racing. Driver skill is far more important.

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Steve Martin.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 07:02 PM   #117
10.5sec92AWDTALON
AF Enthusiast

Who is magazine racing?

I'm talking cold, hard facts, I race at the local track, it's only 5 miles from my house. I've seen plenty of Maxima's. Your 260 Maxima is a 15 second car, at the track, on the road, whatever. My SS and the LS1 F Bodys are mid to low 13 second cars.
there's a HUGE difference. Same weight, 70-90 more HP. How could you possible think you can beat that?

You *seem* like a reasonably intelligent guy, not like the dink that posted this thread. Do you really believe your 260 HP Maxima would be faster than a 350 HP LS1 F body, unless there was something seriously wrong with the car or the driver?

Let me put it this way? Do you think you could beat an LS1 Corvette? They run almost identical times to the LS1 F bodies?

If you really think your Maxima can beat a Vette
( or an LS1 F body) I can only assume your no where near as smart as I thought you were.

And I never said the Maxima was a bad car, they are very nice, just no where near in the same league speed wise as an LS1 is.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:00 PM   #118
FBODIES>MAXIMAS
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FBODIES>MAXIMAS Send a message via Yahoo to FBODIES>MAXIMAS
Fbodies>maximas
V8 American Muscle>econo Box Pos
Ls2.com>maxima.org
That Is All
FBODIES>MAXIMAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:03 PM   #119
Bird of Fire
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher
Apparently, since I beat one, it's not in a whole different class, now is it. Oh well. Like I said, quit mag racing. Driver skill is far more important.

Actually it is, as you just admitted. You did not even come close to beating a LS1 v8 motor. You beat an LS1 owner who was....
1 - asleep
2 - a quadrapalegic
2 - dead
4 - getting a bj
5 - laughing too hard at you and your maxima to hit the gas pedal
6 - picking his/her nose
7 - was changing cd's on their stereo
8 - spilled their slurpee
9 - still laughing at you
10 - didn't even feel like wasting the gasoline on your slow car

You did not beat somebody who knew how to drive, or MORE likely you beat somebody who was in a V6, or a ragged ass LT1 with 190,000 miles on it. It's called simple math, not mag racing. Your car weighs more, is FWD and has LESS HORSEPOWER! Does 2+2 = 36 where you live? Wake up. F-bodies are faster, quicker, and handle better than your maxima. Not flaming, just telling you the truth. I'm so sorry it hurts, but sometime when you graduate HS, you'll understand basic math.
Bird of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:10 PM   #120
Bird of Fire
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cars I RAPED!!!

Quote:

Does that make the nissan altima as fast as the skyline then since they're both made by nissan? Or did you miss the logic train this morning?

Nissan != fast
Bird of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35