Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #16
billypee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to billypee
Re: Williams FW-19 Villeneuve 1/24 Revell

Looking good. Be a bit quicker with the next update

Completed WIPs:

Completed Models Gallery:
billypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:11 AM   #17
f1wc
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypee
Looking good. Be a bit quicker with the next update

As you wish! A final update, the car is almost done.

I've scratchbuilt the whole harness out of raw materials, all homemade, I'm quite satisfied, although I didn't put too much time into buckles, got a bit lazy

Polished clear body looks good!

For the camber, cut a bit of the upper suspension off, if you prefer the negative camber, or else it'll look silly. BTW, careful when installing the wheels, they are quite stiff and hard to push in, you could break the front suspensions, oh ya, the wheels are tight, they don't roll too well, like Tamiya, or other Revell road cars.

Now some teaser shots, it's pretty much finished, just needs some touch up and fill up colours in few areas, and attach cameras of course. I've also found out the wing was 3 piece element, , don't always rely on shell cars for reference, they can be deceiving, but I've fixed it.

I also sprayed the tires with Good Year stencil, somehow the decals and clearcoat/ rubber tires reacted, they became so sticky it can be wiped off. I've found a solution, use baby powder, or corn starch and it'll remove the stickiness, also makes it kind of realistic.

For the radiator ducts, I've also added aluminium sheet cut out for the airflow device, it's small.

I find this car a bit difficult to get its good looks out when photographing (from what I've seen other builds of the same car, don't show it's good looks too well, by no means saying they are bad), so I tried to take pictures at different angles.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
ferrari2k
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to ferrari2k

Looks great!
Do you know, where I can get the correct Rothmans decals for this car?
ferrari2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #19
specialstages
AF Newbie

Hi Ferrari2K,

This is my first post so here goes. I have watched this WIP closely as I have this car in the pile of WIPs. I also wanted the Rothmans decals and found them in correct 1/24 scale by Museum Collections. I purchased the sheet from HLJ. The sheet contains the tobbacco markings for numerous cars in 1/24 so it is a very worthwile purchase esp. since Hasegawa is re-releasing the 640's in 1/24. The markings for those cars are also on that sheet. Hope this helps.
specialstages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:18 AM   #20
ferrari2k
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to ferrari2k

Thanks for the answer. I just made a search for Museum Collection Decals in 1/24 at HLJ, but I did not find any decalsheet for the FW19. Can you give me the exact Order Number please?
EDIT:
OK now, I have found a picture of the decal sheet, exactly, what I was looking for. From what I have seen, its very hard to find, right? Where can I get it?
ferrari2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 AM   #21
f1wc
AF Regular

Hey there,

Although I am not too sure about the Rothmans Decal, I've seen them on ebay once in a while, and the prices are not bad. As for shops, I'll probably have to take a look into that, Here is one that has them though

http://www.scalemodels.co.uk/decals.html

Thanks for any comments on the build too! Completed pictures now posted here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=767992

Last edited by f1wc; 11-28-2007 at 11:48 PM.
f1wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:11 AM   #22
specialstages
AF Newbie

Hi Gents,

Indeed HLJ has removed the decals from its inventory so I apologize for the dead end lead: however www.macsmodeling.com has 1 sheet left in his inventory. Get it while you can...it is in his 1/24 store listing, decal MCD 040.
BTW the FW-19 turned out great. I know how frustrating this kit can be to try and get it right, I'm still sanding mine in to shape!
specialstages is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports