Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 08:18 AM   #31
GMMerlin
I know stuff

Re: Re: Re: GM Remote Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by bim
Are you 12?

bitter itchy man?????????

The price was for the 562t, and shipping price goes by weight.

Dennis Leary is a famous commedian. wow just wow...

Can a moderator come in and lock this thread, this thread is turning into romper room. I was just trying to help an inexperienced person not get ripped off by ponchonutty, but I guess I'm the bad guy.

Don't worry I'm watching YOU carefully.
If you want to argue about the quality of your products that is fine.
Keep the personal attacks down or I will get involved.
GM WCT
Yea..I work at a DEALERSHIP....got a problem with that?

Want to diagnose cars like the Pros? FOR SALE: OTC Perception 2 channel Labscope (badged as a Matco Reality)
This is my personal labscope that I use to diagnose waveforms, like new, comes with leads and training video
PM Me for details
Old 02-15-2004, 02:33 PM   #32
bim
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to bim
Really???

What did I do?

The personal attack was started by ponchonutty and all I replied was to have the thread locked so no further nonsense would continue. I haven't argued the quality of any product at all. All of my arguements were in response to posts previous to mine. I mean did I resort to baby name calling after I didn't have any other leg to stand on in my argument. NO I didn't...

This was posted by DSL:

there were TONS of wires, but it's easy to figure out where they go, and i hate to side with bim, but i used the twisting method, with solder. for more information (including a video of the proper technique) go to bulldog security's web page... they have a 15 minute streaming video showing how to install a remote start...

My response is this, what is your mechanical ability? I don't know and neither does anyone else, so even though remote starts are easy for me doesn't mean that they are easy for you. You may have gotten through it without a problem, but I can tell you horror stories of cars that came into my shop with burnt ignition harnesses, blown ECU, and exploded air bags due to an inexperienced person probing around with a testlight while trying to put in a remote start. All I was trying to tell people is this : IF YOUR NOT SURE WHAT YOUR DOING THEN LEAVE IT TO A PROFFESSIONAL. The amount of money you will save by doing it yourself is peanuts if you screw something up. That is when it gets real expensive.

bim is a whiney little boy trying to have a pissing contest...

Am I really? Actually the first time I posted in this thread is from this post:

Now, if someone brings in a remote starter to me to install, I charge $100 total for the install labor. Any major parts like those mentioned above are extra. Then again, I can get away with charging that amount because I am one of the best around.

This was said by ponchonutty and the reason for my post was to further educate the inexperienced people on this forum about remote starts and the possible problems that can come from improper installations. I really don't care whether he is the best installer in the world, but his advice imo was wrong. In fact every topic that I debated him on I proved him wrong(except for the scotchlock/ttaps thing) which isn't worth arguing over. There are so many stereo shops around here that rob people blind, and that is one of my pet peeves. They use big words that people don't understand and they sell them crap for a premium price.

In my shop (I am not 15) I sell products for a lower mark up than other shops in my area. I have a $0 advertising budget and all my work is by customer referral. Where I make my money is from labor. All of my installers are trained by me and our average install for a remote start takes 5 hours. This is because we do not put the modules and sirens in plain sight. We hide all wiring inside existing wire loom and when we are finished you can not tell anything was done to the car. Instead of putting alarm modules under the dash (like every other shop around) we put them under the drivers seat, in the center console, or in the trunk. This all takes time, however the finished product is far better and more secure than other installs that I've seen. All connections in my shop are soldered, I do not buy butt connectors, scotchlocks, or t taps. I am a very anal person when it comes to work being done in my shop, if it's not right the car does not leave until it is.

Once again another attack on ME:

Oh, did you say your are the Bitter Itchy Man (BIM) Who is that person anyway??? Are they the lead singer for Monkey Spank? Anyhoo, yeah, I have the super cheap Prestige units for $56 but I don't like selling them. Of course, I could sell him a 561r for $87.50 but rather sell them a 562t. I don't know why I am even saying any of this. You'll probably charge over $40 for shipping like those do on Ebay.

Bim, since we know you are Irish now, we won't hammer too much on you about your spelling or how to quote people on this forumn. OK head deek

Then there was the price which he gave TXA:

Price for 562t is $125 + shipping

Which later turned into this:

Wow, for $88 retail, that's about what I pay for them direct from DEI!!! Seriously, how do you do that????

The only person really taking any direct insults is me, so if you want to stop anything you should look around you. The only thing I did was show people here that he was full of crap. I didn't attack anyones backround or call them whiney little kids.

If you want to make me out to be the bad guy that's fine, but don't try to blame me for things I did not do...
Old 02-15-2004, 10:50 PM   #33
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: GM Remote Start

I'll be the first to agree that this whole thread is out of control. Bim, you are the unfortunate soul that started it to go south. Yes, I contributed but only because you came right out and attacked me. Doing so, you insulted the person asking the questions. All I did was answer questions which were posted then you came in and flamed me and my install methods. I personally don't care what the methods of install are or who installed them as long as everything is correct and will work for many years to come.

In my area, I can't afford to do major custom installs like you do. People want in and out and also price competitive so I have to use the best AND quickest method for me. That leads to true 3m t-taps. Trust me, I'd love to be able to take 5 hours for a remote start install but I have to trim that down to 2 hours. Does that mean your install is any better than mine? I do not believe so. I still am able to hide everything where it needs to be and the customer goes away trouble free for a long time. Trust me when you work as an outside vendor to dealerships, it has to be right the first time and everytime. If it is not, they get nervous about lemon laws and angry customers.

I also do very little advertising. Heck, my shop isn't even in the phone book at all. I just plug away at dealerships and word of mouth along with an ocasional newspaper ad. Also, I'm down to only having one person installing. I just can not find people worthy enough to use my name on their installs. I do take pride in each and every car that gets worked on. So you see, we really are not that different. We're just trying to make ends meet.

That being said, I'm done in this thread
Old 02-16-2004, 05:10 AM   #34
GMMerlin
I know stuff

Re: GM Remote Start

This thread is locked...Not being productive.
GM WCT
Yea..I work at a DEALERSHIP....got a problem with that?

Want to diagnose cars like the Pros? FOR SALE: OTC Perception 2 channel Labscope (badged as a Matco Reality)
This is my personal labscope that I use to diagnose waveforms, like new, comes with leads and training video
PM Me for details