Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 12:14 AM   #1
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

h22a integra..preferably owners

Hey guys, I know there are a lot of people saying don't do h22a civics, but what about h22a integras, since the intgra already weighs more than the civic, and has better suspension. I knew a guy who had a civic with h22a and just had stock integra shocks and lowering springs and he said it handeld better than stock. So I was wondering anyone have it done here or know anyone? Is it any easier in an integra? Thanks a lot inadvance.
Old 01-18-2002, 01:14 AM   #2
92 Teg-B18A
AF Enthusiast

Besides the weight of the H22A being the downside, you would probably have to relocate alot of motor mounts. It probably would not be worth the trouble, but if you have your heart set (for good reason you should 'cause this will be one kickin' car if you do the transplant) on this transplant go for it! Sure it might be difficult but the feeling of finally finishing that project that was just so insurmountable is the best! So from what I gather your descison is coming doown to a Civic or Integra. Personally I would go for the Gen 2 Integra myself (cause I drive one ) or the fifth Gen Civic. Either or man. The overal original weight (before transplantation) of the car wouldn't matter too much. So I would say go with what you think would look the best! One thing that you should do is like you said that othe guy did get stiffer springs in the front! That would definately be a must in either application (at least I think). Maybe an adjustable shocks would help because then you could fine tune how the car handles. Remeber higher is heavier in that corner and lower is lighter!

Maybe also check out the Honda & Acura Performance Handbook for some engine transplant tips!

B18A is the bizzam
PH refugee
AF Nordic Crew #004

Warning: The Surgeon General says it's OK to smoke V-8's.
92 Teg-B18A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 11:32 AM   #3
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Hey thanks for the encouragement, and about the Mounts, Hasport has a kit for it. Just wanted to find some more info about from people who have actually done it. Thanks again though.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:28 PM   #4
Spunkymonkey
AF Fanatic

Check out the civic on the web addresswww.croydonautosports.com.au

The website is just new, so doesn't have many links yet.

This civic has a H22A, with a turbo. Its supposed to have 850hp. It was built by croydon autosports, one of the main modified car businesses here.

Stick with the civic, its much lighter.

There's a chick driving that thing

www.performanceforums.com
Spunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 09:44 PM   #5
98dc2gsr
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 98dc2gsr
Quote:
Originally posted by Spunkymonkey
Check out the civic on the web addresswww.croydonautosports.com.au

The website is just new, so doesn't have many links yet.

This civic has a H22A, with a turbo. Its supposed to have 850hp. It was built by croydon autosports, one of the main modified car businesses here.

Stick with the civic, its much lighter.
Interesting, Stephan Papadakis is running the worlds fastest civic with an H23A1 turboed and he only makes a bit over 650 whp.
98dc2gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 06:35 AM   #6
Spunkymonkey
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by 98dc2gsr

Interesting, Stephan Papadakis is running the worlds fastest civic with an H23A1 turboed and he only makes a bit over 650 whp.

I don't know....I haven't heard of the exact figures for drag and everything, but it is "supposed" ...I say that in inverted commas

I don't think this car has been fully tested at the track yet.

The fastest honda here, is a CRX also tuned by Croydon, which did I think a 11.2 for the quarter mile.

There's a chick driving that thing

www.performanceforums.com
Spunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote