Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 12:16 AM   #1
Vermontagon
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Vermontagon
88 760 turbo won't start...

Actually it's intermittent.
I purchased my 88 760 Turbo gle wagon (510k MI) about 6 weeks ago from a friend who used it as a daily driver. my understanding is that it never gave him a problem, you could reach through the window a turn the key.
Within the first week of owning it I hit some black ice in a corner and then a telephone pole, deploying the airbag. I continue to use this as my D D saving up for the repairs.
About 2 weeks ago my boost indicator stopped functioing and stays in the middle.
3 days ago (X-mas eve) I was shopping and after about a hour went out to the lot to leave. the car cranked, caught, then coughed and stalled. repeated cranking never got a cough. thinking I might be out of gas (preexisting broken gauge & close to trip limit) I bought some starting fluid. The car started strong but was followed immediately by low RPM sputtering then stalled. I figured that indicated no gas so I put 2 gal in, more starting fluid and cranked. after some low R bucking, she caught and ran fine.
X-mas day, I thought it was behind me, but it happened again. getting out I accidentally left the key in the run positition and went back into brunch. 20 min later I cranked it and it started right up without needing ether.
After 2 problem free days, tonight after about 10 min of running I stopped and shopped for 20 min and it wouldn't start! By my trip meter, I should have 1/2 a tank.
I live in New England, but it wasn't that cold tonight, above freezing.

Any suggestion appreciated, Thanks.
Vermontagon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volvo > General Discussion