Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:44 PM   #16
SupremeCutlass
AF Regular

Yes.
I pulled the car foward a few inches in the driveway not but five minutes ago, and once I put it in park the car's abs light came on. I put it back in drive then back into park, and then the abs light started blinking. When I restarted the car, the abs light did not come on. Something tells me this is either a fluke or expensive.
SupremeCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:51 PM   #17
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Re: Brake strength

Check your manuals for instructions on how to get ABS trouble codes. The places to jumper on the Diagnostic Port of a '92 Bravada is the top right and the bottom, 2nd from the LEFT then turn the keyswitch on. The ABS and BRAKE lights should come on for a coupla seconds then go off. At this point the jumper can be removed and a scan tool be connected to get the trouble codes. Do they apply to a '92 Cutlass? I don't know but it might.
Many Bravada ABS troubles can be traced to the wheel sensors but I really can't see them as making for a hard, unresponsive brake pedal.
I wish I could be more help to you.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:52 AM   #18
SupremeCutlass
AF Regular

The ABS system doesn't seem to want to hold codes. Ever since then it hasn't come on. I'm hoping to gather the rest of the tools I need to replace the system fluid saturday. I'll post then; hopefully that will be the problem.
SupremeCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series