Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #16
yamahakid123
AF Newbie

Re: WRX vs GSX vs SI vs RWD

240= best drift car even with a KA
fuck fwd cuz u cant drift it and understeer is a bitch

300zx and ludes are too heavy

mr2 would be sick with a 3s gte

ae86<3
yamahakid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #17
702VegasLife
AF Enthusiast

Personally i love the bug eyes, cheap interior, but the awd and power make up for it, My friend owned a bug eye for 2 yrs, and never had a problem with it.Like any car if you don't beat on it, it'll be jus fine. Those tranny's are glass though,so don't go around launching just because it's awd and turbo, if you decide on a wrx. Good luck !
702VegasLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #18
yamahakid123
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplerox View Post
Okay, before you guys think im going nuts thinking any of these following cars are going to be better than WRX, hear me out first.

The car i really want is a WRX. With what i got right now, i can probably afford one that's around 02-03. But to me, the bug eye is a huge turn off. Everything about WRX is perfect to me except that. The great power...the AWD...the superb handling just makes me drool. I really want the newer WRX..but i can't afford it yet. My parents will let me pick a car of my choice for college, with the budget around 14-15k. I may be able to find a WRX that i like with that money but i want to consider some other options if i cant. I came up with the following:

99-00 Civic SI

i know..i know..why should this car even be in here? with only 160hp stock and FWD, it is rather weak. But i thought maybe this would be a great first manual transmission car for me. Maybe i can consider the 2.5RS, but that will be no fun because that's like owning a mini-WRX already...I dont know much about this gen's SI, how is the handling of this car?

GSX

The GSX is AWD, pretty powerful but i just dont like the way it looks...

RWD CARS:

240sx/300zx

cant find a relatively new ones, they are all pretty old and beat up already. Plus if their safety ratings arent that well and my insurance will skyrocket.

Well these are my opinions. What do you guys think?
a 160hp honda is nasty. hondas are alot of fun cuz they are so rev happy and reliable (except for fwd understeer that kinda sucks). gsx (fuck a gst cuz fwd)has a 4g63(same as evo) those motors are bullit proof and fast. ive seen videos of an old rs vs a 98 integra type r on a circuit and the rs ate it up cuz awd vs shitty understeering fwd... if i was you i would look for a 240sx cuz drifting is so fun and u cant drift awd or fwd
yamahakid123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #19
702VegasLife
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahakid123 View Post
a 160hp honda is nasty. hondas are alot of fun cuz they are so rev happy and reliable (except for fwd understeer that kinda sucks). gsx (fuck a gst cuz fwd)has a 4g63(same as evo) those motors are bullit proof and fast. ive seen videos of an old rs vs a 98 integra type r on a circuit and the rs ate it up cuz awd vs shitty understeering fwd... if i was you i would look for a 240sx cuz drifting is so fun and u cant drift awd or fwd
Can't drift awd but you can sure take a turn faster than anyone in a fwd, or rwd, and the feeling of going into a turn and no understeer, jus being able to keep your foot on the gas the whole time, AMAZING !
702VegasLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:13 AM   #20
torched
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplerox View Post
Okay, before you guys think im going nuts thinking any of these following cars are going to be better than WRX, hear me out first.

The car i really want is a WRX. With what i got right now, i can probably afford one that's around 02-03. But to me, the bug eye is a huge turn off. Everything about WRX is perfect to me except that. The great power...the AWD...the superb handling just makes me drool. I really want the newer WRX..but i can't afford it yet. My parents will let me pick a car of my choice for college, with the budget around 14-15k. I may be able to find a WRX that i like with that money but i want to consider some other options if i cant. I came up with the following:

99-00 Civic SI

i know..i know..why should this car even be in here? with only 160hp stock and FWD, it is rather weak. But i thought maybe this would be a great first manual transmission car for me. Maybe i can consider the 2.5RS, but that will be no fun because that's like owning a mini-WRX already...I dont know much about this gen's SI, how is the handling of this car?

GSX

The GSX is AWD, pretty powerful but i just dont like the way it looks...

RWD CARS:

240sx/300zx

cant find a relatively new ones, they are all pretty old and beat up already. Plus if their safety ratings arent that well and my insurance will skyrocket.

Well these are my opinions. What do you guys think?

Bro you can pick up a 2005 STI for under 15,000.. I don't know where you live, but there is a car lot here Called Jeff's Auto, and he has a 2005 STI with only 41,000 miles on it for 14,599..
torched is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons