Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #31
MauiGrown
AF Newbie

Talking Re: New to the blazer/suv world, any advice?

This is a great thread! Any additional advice for a 2001 Jimmy 4x4? She's got about 86K on her. Just purchased and I'm a bit new to the domestic crowd. Only problems so far are the lack of heat for the interior, broken rear defroster, rear washer doesn't squirt, remote opener is going. Engine pulls strong, brakes are great, steering is a little sloppy though. I'm coming from a '06 Evolution so I'm trying not to be too jaded.

Once main question I do have is that when I went to the service guys at the local GMC to see what work had been done prior, and other than the various nick-nack minor things (switch gear, door handles, etc) there was a replacement of the K7285 - reaction gear @ 45k miles in Jun of 2003. The gal couldn't really describe what it was just looks like the tranny. I've done extensive searches and can't find out what exactly the reaction gear is. I know what reduction gears are, could it be a typo?

Anyway, also say hello.

Aloha,
Ian

P.S. - new_kitten not ment to jack your thread.
MauiGrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #32
net_kitten
AF Newbie

Re: New to the blazer/suv world, any advice?

Quote:

P.S. - new_kitten not ment to jack your thread.
Hijack away...don't mind at all.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog
net_kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #33
boommerextreme
AF Newbie

OK Im getting a GMC "blazer". I want to do away with the 4X4. Do I have to preplace the spindles or do I need to change the upper and lower A arms. If I need to is there any difference between a 2X4 and a 4X4? Thanks
boommerextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:19 PM   #34
Specdpt
AF Newbie

Hi All,

Just a comment on the trans service that was recommended. ONLY do it if you knowthe trans has been serviced previously. If you have more than 60k on the vehicle already and do the first trans service, you could be causing the death of your transmission. When I worked at a trans shop, I pushed more cars than I could remember because the owners chose to ignore advice not to change it.

Best of luck! I am still trying to bring my Bravada back to life...
Specdpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #35
BigBadBob1982
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specdpt
Hi All,

Just a comment on the trans service that was recommended. ONLY do it if you knowthe trans has been serviced previously. If you have more than 60k on the vehicle already and do the first trans service, you could be causing the death of your transmission. When I worked at a trans shop, I pushed more cars than I could remember because the owners chose to ignore advice not to change it.

Best of luck! I am still trying to bring my Bravada back to life...
I've read that before and was wondering why that is?

I used to have a 96 Lumina and was reading on some forum (years ago) that not long after he had his tranny serviced (fluid, filter whatever they did) it failed on him. Other suggested that it's best to let it be.

Now, while I know a fair amount in general about cars/trucks, not neccessarily the specifics of every bolt on the machine, it seems to me servicing is a good thing.
BigBadBob1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info