Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
KOREANOKIM
AF Newbie

2003 TL TYPE S mods

i'm barely starting to fix up my car. can anyone give me tips on fixing up tl? i'm thinking of body kit and intake first. anyone has any recommendation as to which exhaust might fit my car and still keep that noise down?
KOREANOKIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:28 PM   #2
123_456
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 TL TYPE S mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOREANOKIM
i'm barely starting to fix up my car. can anyone give me tips on fixing up tl? i'm thinking of body kit and intake first. anyone has any recommendation as to which exhaust might fit my car and still keep that noise down?

well i have an acura cl type-s and i recomend you get intake and headers, it will add about 25-30 whp, that is if your intrested in performance.

you can get comptech icebox for 250 i think and obx headers for 299 on ebay.

for much more information go to www.acura-tl.com or www.acura-cl.com
123_456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:56 AM   #3
KOREANOKIM
AF Newbie

do you know if those intakes could be installed without professional help? i know header will probably require professional installation.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 PM   #4
123_456
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOREANOKIM
do you know if those intakes could be installed without professional help? i know header will probably require professional installation.
you can install the intake yourself if u want ther are instructions on the comtch website, for the headers its a lil more difficult but can still be done without professional help, youll need to put the front on jack stands.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:54 AM   #5
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew
Re: Re: 2003 TL TYPE S mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123_456
well i have an acura cl type-s and i recomend you get intake and headers, it will add about 25-30 whp, that is if your intrested in performance.
HAHAHAHA LMAO
25-30 WHP. What world are you living in? Land-o-Imaginary horsepower. Try more like 7-10 WHP if your lucky. Damn newbs. Get educated before you start spreading ignorism.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #6
123_456
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: 2003 TL TYPE S mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privatebigandrew
HAHAHAHA LMAO
25-30 WHP. What world are you living in? Land-o-Imaginary horsepower. Try more like 7-10 WHP if your lucky. Damn newbs. Get educated before you start spreading ignorism.

hey losser just because im new to the form dosent mean i dont know anything about my own car and what gains i got. b4 i instaled my headers i ran a 14.8, then i installed them and i ran a 14.2 on the same exact conditions. so if i went down .6 on the 1/4 mile then i would need somthing like 30 hp not 7.

DONT TALK IF YOU DONT KNOW SHIT LOSSER go to www.aura-cl.com and ask, you will fell stupid plus here is a dyno from comptech http://www.comptechusa.com/images/dyno/2000CLSplot.pdf
headers are the ultimte mod for the 3.2 l acura engien they give the most hp for the money. maby you got little gains form headers for your del sol because its a 4 banger, but the the tl and cl have a 6 cyl 3.2 if you didnt know.
next time b4 you talk be sure to know what your talking about NEWBIE
Old 02-08-2005, 04:24 PM   #7
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

LOL...its funny how you get all riled up. Obviously you don't know your shit because you wouldn't be basing your facts off that computer generated dyno graph. yeah, its from comptech, but that doesn't mean shit. i bet you all my experience that if you were to dyno your car b/f and after the intake and headers, you would get a max of 15 hp. and it is not the best hp for the money. Ever heard of nitrous? And dan't you even dare to try to jusge my expertise on acura's. I am a technician for acura and i think that qualifies me to know a little more than you about your own damn car. I have driven plent of CL's with the whol comptech package--IHE. And yes it is impressive, but certainly not 25-30HP. Don't believe everything a manufacture says until you test it on a dyno yourself. I've got plenty that can back me up.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #8
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

sorry for the spelling. i cut my finger at work and have trouble typing.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
123_456
AF Newbie

Quote:
LOL...its funny how you get all riled up. Obviously you don't know your shit because you wouldn't be basing your facts off that computer generated dyno graph. yeah, its from comptech, but that doesn't mean shit. i bet you all my experience that if you were to dyno your car b/f and after the intake and headers, you would get a max of 15 hp. and it is not the best hp for the money. Ever heard of nitrous? And dan't you even dare to try to jusge my expertise on acura's. I am a technician for acura and i think that qualifies me to know a little more than you about your own damn car. I have driven plent of CL's with the whol comptech package--IHE. And yes it is impressive, but certainly not 25-30HP. Don't believe everything a manufacture says until you test it on a dyno yourself. I've got plenty that can back me up.
I dont care what you do for acura, because u still dont know what your talking about if you want a real dyno form an acura cl-s with and without headers and intake then here you go http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showt...highlight=dyno
this guy got 30 whp from AEM CAI, UR pulleys, AW Headers, by the way the pulleys dosent give that much hp if your gona make a big fuss about that cause i know you are.
and if your still thinking your mr know it all here are 2 more dyno runs
http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showt...highlight=dyno
http://cl.acurazine.com/forums/showt...highlight=dyno
If the links are down just go to acura-cl and search dyno
trust me you can really close to 25 whp with just intake and headers

and why in your previos post did u say 7-10whp and now u cnanged it to 15, and if you know ur acuracl-s well you would know that exaust only give about 1-2 whp
best 1/4 mile 14.2@100mph
Old 02-09-2005, 04:22 PM   #10
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

i said 7-10 before in the first post, and in the second i said 15 "Maximum". Max being the key word. Now that you have shown me the "real" dyno's i can belive you. You and i both know that that comptech dyno was bull though. I have never seen a 3.2 motor with those kind of gains at the wheels before, thats why i questioned it so hard. But seriously for the money you spent on all that, you could have gotten the Comptech SC kit for not much more with a lot better responce. I've done the whole IHE thing before, and its not really worth it, cause in the end you want more power anyhow, and you usually have to take off all the stuff you already spent money on to install the new comonent. Just a thought. And i apologize for the arguement and if you need any help with your CL, you know where to look now.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #11
123_456
AF Newbie

Quote:
i said 7-10 before in the first post, and in the second i said 15 "Maximum". Max being the key word. Now that you have shown me the "real" dyno's i can belive you. You and i both know that that comptech dyno was bull though. I have never seen a 3.2 motor with those kind of gains at the wheels before, thats why i questioned it so hard. But seriously for the money you spent on all that, you could have gotten the Comptech SC kit for not much more with a lot better responce. I've done the whole IHE thing before, and its not really worth it, cause in the end you want more power anyhow, and you usually have to take off all the stuff you already spent money on to install the new comonent. Just a thought. And i apologize for the arguement and if you need any help with your CL, you know where to look now.
i didnt really spend that much, the intake was 250 and the headers were 299, i got a set of obx headers there less expensive then comptech and exact same gains and i did the install myself so it was a good investment. exaust is not really worth it for the money unless your intrested in sound differences. comptechs supercharger is 4000$so thats the next step as for performance wise besides nitrous.

ps i never really intended to come on this bord to start arguments i just wanted to let the person intrested in mods not to overlook headers and intake becase its a good investment.
best 1/4 mile 14.2@100mph
Old 02-11-2005, 01:06 AM   #12
KOREANOKIM
AF Newbie

Hey 123_456, thanks for your info once again. I think I'm gonna go get the obx header and have someone install it for me.

BTW, good to see you guys came go an agreement. =)

Thanks....
Old 02-16-2005, 01:27 PM   #13
TypeS
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

You obviously don't know your sh*t. It has proven 27 whp on a dyno in warm Florida weather. I've seen dynos where just the Comptech headers for the CLS added up to 32 whp.

And he's right, the stock CLS exhaust does not need to be replaced as the aftermakret ones only add about 2 whp.

540i/6 w/ SP
TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

you obviously didn't read the entire forum.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:55 AM   #15
TypeS
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
you obviously didn't read the entire forum.
No, I didn't read the entire forum, it would take years

And trust me, I owned a Civic and just the Icebox on the CLS = more power than a header, intake and exhaust on a Civic. The power gains on those two cars are not even comparable. Just because those bolt-ons don't add much power to 4 bangers doesn't mean it's the case for every other car

540i/6 w/ SP
TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL