Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 07:13 PM   #16
lindylou
AF Newbie

Angry

Look . . . the first time my 02 Maxima lights were stolen I was parked on a busy street for 3 hours. The last time (which was yesterday) it was parked for 2 1/2 hours (at church, no less). And then they had hit 4 Maximas!!! According to the dealership it takes less than 1 minute to remove each light. So . . . the moral of the story is DON"T BUY A CAR THAT HAS THESE LIGHTS
lindylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 10:59 AM   #17
sinjaspr
AF Newbie

Re: TL's and stolen HID's

sorry to hear abt that but i just got a 2004 tl and i m already worried. i havent heard this happening in canada but still worries me.
sinjaspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 12:38 AM   #18
integrasedan
AF Enthusiast

i hate it when people steal things. i feel sorry for you. i really like the HID lights, they look good at night and day. wish i had them.
integrasedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:53 AM   #19
lamozca
AF Newbie

sorry about u lost ,mine was ythe same last friday they did the same front bunper fender and head light any sugestions estimate was 2800 $so far
the only thing iam thinking is taking the ballast and inverters and put them in to the hood compartment and instal my alarm clitfford 7000 with a feww sensors mercury sensors in the back of the head lights

((((((and put a big stiker that says dont steal the head lights hid system being removed to the hood compartment and post a webb site with some pictures to see i i can avoid this from happening again ))))))
and by the way this was in florida miami in front of my house and what pissis me off is that i saw the leaving in 2 cars a red civic hatchbak red 93 98 model and onother dark car it's just that i never thought about it
and i went to bed without taking a look to my car
f************** ass h***************
i hope i never see them again other wise i dont now what sss gonna happend
because after all i saw the face of the ones were driving the car and iam just looking for them because i know the gonna come back to steal the newones
by the way i had the car for just 2 months this sucksssssssss
any tips please imail me at lamozca@hotmail.com
lamozca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:54 AM   #20
lamozca
AF Newbie

sorry to hear that my problem the same
lamozca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:25 PM   #21
blacknight
AF Regular

I think Nissan had some type of recall on the 2002-2003 Maximas headlights. They were aware that the lights can easily be stolen so they were recalling the cars to reposition the balasts. I think it's the same with Honda corp. and the TL & CL models....but once again I'm not sure.

As many of you know, the balasts were in the headlight assembly along with the bulbs. So what they do is push down on the front bumpers and yank out the lighting system. Most other cars are a little harder to steal like the BMW, lexus, and Mercedes. But a few of them were broken into and stolen. It really sucks.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:40 AM   #22
Casper42
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Casper42

I just gotta ask, with all the thievery, and focused on TL, why havent you guys setup a sting yet? Couple video cameras and some old VCRs...
Casper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:09 AM   #23
blacknight
AF Regular

Re: Re: TL's and stolen HID's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper42
I just gotta ask, with all the thievery, and focused on TL, why havent you guys setup a sting yet? Couple video cameras and some old VCRs...
Depends upon the Municipality. Also, the Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) has made the use of Aftermarket H.I.D.s illegal in the states. If your car doesn't stock HID's or your car manufacturer doesn't offer them as an option for your vehicle, they're considered illegal. You may have noticed, It's getting harder and harder to get them now.
Oh well, I'll use mine till thew blow or something
Old 06-20-2004, 02:19 PM   #24
xacques
AF Newbie

If everyone started etching their vin numbers into the front of their headlights, then maybe it would lessen the problem.
xacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:52 AM   #25
blacknight
AF Regular

Maybe. But that wouldn't reduce the theft rate. It'll just be easier to tell if they're stolen and who they belong to. It's the same thing with people stealing honda engines and putting them in other cars. The VIN number is stamped on the engine, and if purchased the engine from someone else, make sure you have the paperwork.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CL | Inspire | Saber | TL