Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
nyteshade
AF Newbie

help? (cont'd)

ok Imma narrow it down cause i'd admit my last post was way broad.

price range 0-$13,000
4-6 cylinder
180-270 stock hp
coupe
!!!no RWD!!!
body style similiar to integra or eagle talon
with a decent amount of after market parts
manual transmission

I've driven cars such as the WRX sti, Ford Focus, and Prelude and a couple other the only problem with WRX and Focus is that they're too big
I was something small but speed and upgradable. 2 of my friends that i'll be moving in are buying their cars one is getting a 3000GT and the other a GTS eclipse. I'm looking for something to match the GTS, but not get totally decimated by the 3000gt.
nyteshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:30 AM   #2
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587
Re: help? (cont'd)

You still need to narrow it down, there are tons of cheap sports coupes that have that kinda power. IMO, the best of them are the Eagle Talon TSi AWD and the Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. You can get one in good condition for as low a $5000. It comes turbocharged from the factory making between 195 and 210 hp, and aftermarket support is tremendous. The cars are very fast and it takes very little to get them to run a 13-second quarter mile.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
nyteshade
AF Newbie

i don't want the gsx or the 3000gt tho cause my best friends are gettin those but i need a fwd i just love driving them. An awd wouldn't be bad either. I've done some looking for the eagle cause it was going to be my first choice i couldn't find any to my likeing. Well i shouldn't say any, I did find 2 one was bought. I was going toward the 240 and 300zx but they're RWD. what about the
94 Ford Probe
97 Celica GT
03 Tiburon
01 GS-R. (or the RSX or Type-R)
I love all these body styles, would they be worth purchasing and moding? O, another thing i despise muscle cars. I having nothing against them really just I like to have a well rounded car not a powerhouse. Only problem with he GS-R is it's an integra .... everyone has an integra where I live. Lets say you wanted to beat a GSX what would you consider buying?
nyteshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:35 PM   #4
91300zxtt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 91300zxtt
Re: help? (cont'd)

i would say that your best fit for what you have listed is the rsx if you can find one for that cheap
91300zxtt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A