Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
NJH_Habitatpro
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to NJH_Habitatpro Send a message via Yahoo to NJH_Habitatpro
Tired of POS mustang. Just about all together

So 89 mustang lx is a POS. Clutch wont release or some shit. I start the car in gear and clutch pedel down to the floor and the car will roll like the clutch is grabbing. Must be. So replaced the quadrent and pawl, cluch, cluch cable, throw out bearing, and used correct oil for tranny and full as well. Did the same thing but would not roll down a pretty steep hill while in gear and clutch pedel to floor agian. But would in Neutral. Took it all out agian and checked everything still the same thing as before. Tire of this fucking shit. Sad to say my dodge neon before was better then my mustang will ever be.
NJH_Habitatpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:05 AM   #2
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Re: Tired of POS mustang. Just about all together

Did you check the actual clutch disk and pressure plate? I know when I had those symptoms it was actually the thing had blown.
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
NJH_Habitatpro
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to NJH_Habitatpro Send a message via Yahoo to NJH_Habitatpro

I replaced the whole clutch and had the flywheel turned as well. Replaced the clutch cable, The quadrent/self adjuster, throw out bearing, and had correct fluid leves with right gear oil.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
NJH_Habitatpro
AF Regular

Ok well this time around with everything I notice the clutch actually might be slipping this time. Before it grabbed fine like when i first replaced everything. But still didnt roll down hill in gear. And they say the Fuckers Only Run Downhill. Shit mine dont even run down hill lol.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #5
NJH_Habitatpro
AF Regular

Well guess im going to mess with the self adjuster. Seeing how it wont even adjust anything for the life of it. Dont understand how that thing works anyways. The way it turns would just adjust it to be longer for the cable not make it tighter. But whatever the stupidest thing i have seen on a mustang is that. So since i cant get any real help guess ill mess with that and post back after that.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis