Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 07:50 PM   #1
Aceouses
AF Newbie

1995 hyundai accent failed emissions

Good evening all,

Long story short, my car failed GA emissions miserably. My HC were a bit high, however my NOx was approximately 3600 out of 1100 allowed. I was told to replace spark plugs/wires and the o2 sensor (it comes be for my cat, rather than after it I guess becaus of OBDI? I dont know too much about cars, unfortunately) and to get the underside of it cleaned from crud build up from an oil leak, if still failing replace the cat. However, he (mechanic, he's very nice and I do trust him, he's done work for me before) did say that my catalytic converter looks fairly new (carfax says car failed emissions 2x in 2013 so is possible it was replaced then).

I guess my question is.. with no check engine light on (it does work), no weird smells/colors from exhaust, no performance problems or mileage issues.. does this sound like it could be causing such high NOx?

This car did NOT come manufactured with an EGR valve.
Aceouses is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna