Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
View Poll Results: Oppinions?
Integra GS-R 1 6.25%
SRT-4 2 12.50%
A big, ugly, old, cheap Jeep...think "old ass CJ7" 3 18.75%
Talon/Eclipse 1 6.25%
Truly give up and just get another Z31 0 0%
Completely throw caution into the wind and get a Z32TT...even though this would completely defeat the purpose of getting another car... 4 25.00%
Track down one of the cooler looking Sentra SE-R Spec V's...think "Circa 2001"...I don't like the new ones... 3 18.75%
Nissan Altima 1 6.25%
Just some cheap old piece of shit. 0 0%
Other...please specify 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #61
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Re: I almost don't care anymore...

Get the Z! Screw the Honda!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:18 PM   #62
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
i say got the honda...whether or not honda owners have bad luck in the z forum, it is still a more practical car for what LLTZ needs...very reliable daily driver car to get him to and from work and where ever else he needs to be.

e honda still has his honda civic and it isnt crashed!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:55 PM   #63
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

because he had it before he started comin here... i did too but my sheer love of the z put the curse onto me
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:28 PM   #64
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Well...I can't get financed for it anyway. It's a white 98 Type-SH for 10 grand. it's less than half as much as my last one and I need a cosigner. Screw it.

My "Honda dude" as I call him at the dealer I bought the other one from found me another one. It's a black 01 (I believe) with...like...40-something thousand miles on it. Two problems...1: it costs as much as the last one...kinda got used to not having a 350 dollar a month car payment. 2: I can't do ANYTHING until all the stuff with the other one is done which could be a week...or a month...I dunno.

I need a car RIGHT NOW cuz I was out being a fucking idiot thursday and ran into a curb in my 300. Now the driver's side front wheel sits at a nice ~20 degree positive camber. It's going to the shop today.

I'm trying to buy an 88 300ZX I found near by. I talked to the guy and worked out something with him as far as a payment plan kinda deal for a couple months. It's 3000 dollars, I told him I'd give him...like...half up front and pay the rest off in 2 or 3 months. This would be by far the cheapest thing to do as well as the quickest. Plus, if it's going to cost 2038409234234 bucks to fix the other 300, I can just have them take the engine out like I was going to anyway, but instead of putting it back into my 86 like I had originally planned, I'd have them drop it in the nice, clean 88 body.

Link to some info about the 88.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:18 PM   #65
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

that's a pretty clean lookin 88 man.. maybe if it doesn't cost too much for the zed you have now in the shop, you should swap the engines anyway and sell the 86 for a little more cash... if that's what you're looking to do... maybe not sell it, just use it as the dd.. sucks about your current car tho man, hope it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg to fix.. i will say one thing tho.. people that work in finance are sob's
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

Old 01-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #66
NSX-R
AF Regular

Just get a 300ZX tt those are fast.
NSX-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:32 PM   #67
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: I almost don't care anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX-R
lol...
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 01-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #68
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: I almost don't care anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX-R
Yea...you must have missed the part about me not even being able to finance a damned jelly bean for some reason...

Ok...here's the deal with my Z. I essentially totalled it. Bent the frame. Guy at my shop said I did easily over a thousand dollars in damage. I started thinking "all this from running into a CURB!?...well...this is what you get for being a dumb fuck" when he told me how rusty and bad off the frame was anyway...which is why it bent in the first place. So I said "ok...how much would it cost to pull the engine?" He said less than 500 bucks. I said do it and I'll have an engine stand to him by monday. So all in all, it isn't working out all that bad. I'll have the 86 body for parts, my engine out to rebuild just as originally planned and I can either get this 88 and drop it in there when I'm done or pick up a body down the line. I'm going to look at/pick up the 88 friday, so we'll see what happens with that and the VG30ET will be in my garage on monday. I'll keep you guys posted.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 01-19-2005, 10:28 PM   #69
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
sounds good LLZ!!!

that kinda sucks with the 86 but now you will have the newer model with the more up-to date features and things so it all worked out. good luck...

i am sending you an PM, i have a question about the famous Z31 headlight problem!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:57 PM   #70
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

good luck llz... hope everything works out alright for ya man.. seems like things have been pretty rough lately
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 01-19-2005, 11:27 PM   #71
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

i really hope everything works out for you. just look at the bright side, very bright side, you will have a nice rebuilt engine and a newer body/chassis. one great combination, good luck.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:01 PM   #72
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Yea...things have been pretty rough...car problems...girl problems...work problems...anyone need some problems? I have some to spare.

I guess everything will work out...if not, I'm moving to Vancuver...even though I spelled that wrong...

Old 01-21-2005, 04:56 AM   #73
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Vancouver... and fuck vancouver, move somewhere nice in canada.. vancouver's so.... dirty and crappy, smaller towns are nicer as long as you have a profession... like kamloops, kelowna, stuff like that... maybe something on the island? that'd sure be a change eh
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 01-21-2005, 12:17 PM   #74
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

lol, he said eh. we had this guy from canada come fly into the airport i work at and after almost every sentence he said eh, it was awesome.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:44 PM   #75
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

I dunno. Always wanted to live in Canada but the weather always "scared" me. If it snows here, I can't IMAGINE what it's like up there. But I heard that Vancouver has very mild weather...that's the only reason I said that.

CAR NEWS:

Got my third Z31 today. 1988 2 seater 5 speed with 119K on it. Damn near like NEW inside and out. Only prob inside is a slight rub mark on the console...common...and the only prob on the outside is 2 surface rust spots on the driver's door, one the size of a quarter and one the size of a dime, neither even breaking through the paint. Couple things that catch my attention mechanically:

The speedo doesn't work. If I remember correctly, the speedo gets its reading from the transmission...there was very recent transmission work done so they probably just left something unhooked. Kinda scared me at first cuz, when the speedo doesn't work, neither do the odometers. I thought "who knows HOW many miles are on this car?!" I think it's alright, though.

Biggest thing: Odd clunk noise from the rear. When I'm coasting along and stab the gas or otherwise abruptly hit the throttle, the back end makes a clunk noise. Nothing TOO noticable usually, but it's there. If you're easy with the throttle, you can keep it from happening all together. Going to get this looked at.

Kinda odd thing: The oil pressure gauge only works until 2000 rpms. Once you get a tick or two past 2000 rpms, the oil press gauge drops to 0 until the rpms drop again, then it shoots right back up.

All in all, it's a VERY nice 300. I'll post pics soon.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)