Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
jdm_donie
AF Newbie

foglight help please!!!!

whats up everyone, well i guess ill jump right into my predictament. i bought a set of yellow style foglights from ebay...the installation was a breeze and they look great. one problem they wont turn on??? now bare in mind that they are from (depo), the instructions were a bit unclear. now i did some reaserch on the actual set up for the "real deal" lights, but the switch harness i received doesnt allow u 2 hook it up to the running lights on the steering cloumn. instead, it said or only allowed me to hook it to the # 5 slot in the fuse box....and bang ur done.. the bulbs are new their not busted, the relay might be ok but theres no way i could tell if its bad or not, and the fuse in the harness is cool too. do i need to put extra fuses in fuse box? splice and dice wires some how? so if there is anyone who could help me out i would greatly appreciate it...diagrams would be a great help aswell as refering to other sites... thanx again for the help jdm_donie peace...peace
jdm_donie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Re: foglight help please!!!!

So if I understand you correctly, your main issue is the power wire? I spliced mine into my parking/accessory wire near the headlights

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
jdm_donie
AF Newbie

cool so the parking and the accessory wire would be located in the steering column or where is a pretty good location for doing that? would a simple t-tap work ok? thanks again for the help
Old 11-21-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44

You can find the wire in the steering column or near the headlights. I found it easier to do the splice under the hood near the headlights so I would have one less wire to feed into the cabin. A t tap will be fine. My method of tapping was far less sophisticated... electrical tape

Do you know which one is your accessory wire? If not, an easy way to find it is to look at the wires that connect to your turn signal. There should be a black, red and another color (I think mine was grey striped). The other colored one will be the accessory wire. If you tap it into the red, the lights will only work with your turn signal. Tapping the black will obviously give you nothing.

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
jdm_donie
AF Newbie

alright, so black nothing, red will only turn them on when i go left or right and the other color will turn them on continuoisly unless i turn them off by using the switch? sounds good i will try it manana, in the morning... thanks again i really apreciate that the help. ill post the results aswell if i succeed

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting