Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aspire
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
Infinitrium
AF Regular

New Aspire owner with questions.

Howdy. I bought myself a 1994 Aspire SE this morning for $650 Canadian. It's an automatic and has a little over 200,000 kms on the odometer. I didn't get a very good look underneath the car since it was parked up against a wall, but from what I could tell, the floor looks to be in really good shape. It appears to have been undercoated at some point in it's life, so there's very little rust on the floor. The body too is in really nice shape. One small rust bubble on the right rear fender. Ths car hasn't been safety inspected or licenesed for the road for a year though, but as far as I can tell, it needs little to pass a safety inspection. An exhaust manifold donut gasket, passenger door mirror, e-brake adjustment (hope the cables are OK) and pound a few dents out of the front left fender. I started it up while I was looking at the car today, and it runs really nice and smooth. As the car wasn't really legal for the road I couldn't drive it, but I did move the car up and down the woman's driveway, and the transmission seems to work well. Suspension seems to be good, front end is unknown so when I get the car home I'll have to check the front end out. The car has 4 good winter tires on it right now, and 4 spare all season tires in the 'trunk'. Anyway, on to my questions. Ah, yes, now for the rest of my post. What's a safe highway cruising speed for my auto Aspire? I used a program called Cartest and changed a few details under the listing for the 1992 Festiva (3rd gear to 1.00, final drive to 4.06 tires to 13 inch) and the program tells me that at my usual cruising speed of 65-70 mph, the engine will be turning a bit over 4000 rpm's. Can the engine take it? I don't do a lot of highway driving but occasionally I do drive long distances on the highway and I'm wondering how the engine will stand up considering the mileage it has. What kind of fuel mileage can I expect to get from the car? My currrent car, a 1988 Toyota Celica with the 5 speed, is rated by the EPA's website www.fueleconomy.gov as getting 26 city, 32 highway and I think that's pretty close to what I'm actually getting. The 94 auto Aspire is rated as getting 29 city 34 highway, although on a few other sites I've seen the numbers a bit higher. What would the Aspire get in the real world? I'm hoping it's better than what my Celica is getting. Here's the 2 pics I took of the car. The color of the car is actually faded red, not orange as in the pics. My cheapass digital camera isn't too good at picking up colors, it seems. That's my old man in the first pic.

http://img325.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ict00237dt.jpg

http://img310.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ict00229sv.jpg
Infinitrium is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aspire