Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 02:24 PM   #1
SolReaver
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SolReaver Send a message via Yahoo to SolReaver
It was there best sports car. Some mag. claimed questionable performance, but twin-turbo engine(320hp) and AWD sounds good to me.

92 Eclipse GS 1.8L
Old 04-16-2001, 05:35 PM   #2
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
I DONT THINK THAT IT IS DISCONTINUED IN JAPAN... IT WENT AWAY W/ THE RX7 AND 300ZX AND THOSE KINDA CARS...
TOO EXPENSIVE TOO MUCH TECHNOLOGY

BAD THING? NOT TO ME... EVERYONE ELSE IN AMERICA AT THE TIME THOUGHT SO
Old 04-16-2001, 08:13 PM   #3
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Why did they discontinue the Supras and rx-7s and 300z's over here .....well its b/c damn people over here want suvs and dont wanna buy those kinds of cars well into the 30-mid 40 ....they would rather pay 25-30 and get a rustang or SS thats why . Basically sales for those cars were down and people over here would rather buy suvs than 2 door coupes that blows the doors off of pos domestics . Just that every year the sales for those cars were slipping and their was really no point to bring them over here . And the Japenese kept all the good stuff to themselves ....RX-7 still in prod over their and the Skylines , and Sylvia's ....They just brought over the IS300 which has been out over their and europe for awhile .
Old 04-16-2001, 08:44 PM   #4
stelle
AF Newbie

the reason they stopped selling the 3000gt in the us is because , why pay 40k when you can spend 25k on something that is faster? they werent worth the money and people in america are not idiots so the didnt sell over here. they may be alot more reliable but with the mustang, camaro, and firebird you get more bang for the buck. plus nothing sounds as good as a v8 LT1 engine revving ohh love that sound. anyways my pos domestic ss will kill ALOT, not all just alot, of the 3000gt's and supras out there unless they have a redicoules amount of mods on them.
Old 04-30-2001, 09:54 AM   #5
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Why pay any amount of money if you just want to go fast. There are pleanty of sub eleven second cars that can be put together for less then twenty grand. Its not just how fasts you can go, its also how you look getting there.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 05-01-2001, 11:20 AM   #6
Elite3kGT
AF Newbie

Wink No comparison

All those domestics like the Mustang and the SS are cool if all you care about is smoking your tires and looking like a fool. If that's what you're going for then go ahead and save some money and buy one.

Seriously, it is hard to find a more balanced machine (available in the U.S.) than the 3K GT.

Why is it gone? The U.S. market.

Mitsubishi brought in some german big-timer from Chrysler to save their american market . . . and do you know what he did? He sunk their money into the Montero SUV and all its promotions.

The U.S. has a long way to go before they understand the driving experience.
Old 05-30-2001, 09:30 AM   #7
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Americans don't know what handling is (most of the, anyway). I want good acceleration, and cornering. The Z28 and such do it all very well, but don't look as good, and probably don't feel as good. But c'mon, it competed with a corvette. (albeit a C4, so then its the 3000, but not against a C5)
Old 08-03-2001, 01:13 PM   #8
VeilsideVR4
AF Newbie

Talking

I beat C5's in my cars all the time!! They are fast, but I have not lost to one yet
Old 08-03-2001, 05:18 PM   #9
ZenFox
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by stelle
the reason they stopped selling the 3000gt in the us is because , why pay 40k when you can spend 25k on something that is faster?
Well, if you're looking for speed, why not buy a 1971 'cuda with a new Hemi? You can do that for less than you can buy a rustang cobra, and the Hemi's put out *much much much* more classic Mopar power than a rustang, or any other modern domestic will ever see. Plus, they look better.

I don't know why they stopped selling it (Emissions would be my guess. That's why the RX-7 stopped coming over), I don't think price was a an issue. Think about it, Americans buy Audis with less performance and fugly styling for just about the same as a 3000GT retailed for....

-ZenFox
Old 08-03-2001, 06:12 PM   #10
YogsVR4

All you have to do is look at the sales figures for 98 and 99. If they aren't selling, theres no reason to keep making them to sell over here. Its ok by me. I have a rare car that hauls ass. Nothing wrong with that at all

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 08-04-2001, 09:12 PM   #11
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Thats true.

You cant fault the cars, just the bozos who have money but no performance in their blood. They are what we call poseurs. They buy a vette because its a CORVETTE, and not a mitsubishi, the guys who sell galants and other style-less cars. THere is no prestige.

The world is unfair
Old 11-28-2001, 07:49 AM   #12
Firebird1282
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by ZenFox
...Think about it, Americans buy Audis with less performance and fugly styling...
ARE YOU INSANE? Hehe, j/k... seriously though... I think the Audi's have AWESOME styling. I mean, look at the TT *DROOL*... then again, different people got different tastes. I also think that a Black 97 GT VR-4 with 18" Chromies stock looks incredible... so maybe my taste is all that matters

Later,
--Steve
Old 11-28-2001, 01:12 PM   #13
YogsVR4

Quote:
Originally posted by Firebird1282

ARE YOU INSANE? Hehe, j/k... seriously though... I think the Audi's have AWESOME styling. I mean, look at the TT *DROOL*... then again, different people got different tastes. I also think that a Black 97 GT VR-4 with 18" Chromies stock looks incredible... so maybe my taste is all that matters

Later,
--Steve
Its all a personal preference. I dont like the looks of the TT, its like a VW Bug in a wind tunnel. However, I agree on the VR4s!

Old 12-06-2001, 08:24 PM   #14
Blackbird01
AF Enthusiast

LMAO...
Oh man, I guess I'm one of those "fools that just likes to spin their tires"...
Afterall, I bought one of those cars that don't "look as good"...
Want to know why they discontinued 'em?
They sold next to none the last few years that it was in production. And the statement about the fact that people could buy cheaper, faster cars is VERY true. Mitsubishi even admitted it! Camaros, Mustangs and Firebirds were blowing the VR-4's doors off and paying less money as well! Sure, some of you may think that the 3KGT looks better, but thats personal preference. In my opinion, NOTHING beats the aggressive styling of my car. Big nostril-like hood scoops, AMAZING acceleration and GOOD cornering all combined to make one of the best american "pony cars" ever made....

Sure the 3kGT is a great looking and performing car, but for the money, it just wasn't enough...Same happened to the Supra and 300ZX. RX-7 died out because the Rotary just couldn't stay within US Emissions regulations.

Old 12-07-2001, 03:40 AM   #15
VeilsideVR4
AF Newbie

I like my car Twin Turbo, All wheel drive, Hardtop convertable with 450+ HP hell yeah, there is no other car like it

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth