Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > IS200/IS300/IS350/Altezza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 10:13 PM   #1
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Question

Would u mod it up for speed or would u go with more of a laid back pimp look u know the 18in chrome wheels and dvd ? I'm considering getting one of these in aug when the 5 spd come out and i'm thinkin about what i should do to it . I know stillen makes perf parts for it and so does rod millien ..i want some ideals on what you would do to an IS300 ?
Old 04-05-2001, 10:23 PM   #2
GOD
Banned

couldnt leave out this one and what color would u get too ?
Old 04-06-2001, 12:59 AM   #3
Dimex
AF Newbie

I'd get yellow or silver. Then, I'd turbo it right away...considering this is the same engine as in the MKIVTT supra, finding a proven turbo application shouldn't be too hard. Probably lower it, get some 17's, tint the windows, strip and dress up the interior, get some bolt-ons (intake, exhaust...) and maybe do some cam work.

But, that's just me.
Old 04-06-2001, 07:03 PM   #4
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
That's a lot like what I'd do, Dimex. However, I'd keep boost fairly low...going for durability with some decent performance. I kind of like the stock wheels, and I usually feel like it's best not to replace something if you can avoid it. Interior will probably remain fairly stock for me, considering it's semi-luxury (I'd strip an altezza though). But, I would get some TS-1's. Oh yeah...clear side markers, possibly get some clear turn signals, and maybe a new bumper.
Old 04-06-2001, 09:18 PM   #5
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
GOD, you said your going to get one in AUG? There like 25k and your only 18 or so. Rich boy. Lexus also has a new "L" tuned division, kinda like AMG and ///M but so far, I think that they only do the GS series.

j/k

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Old 04-18-2001, 09:23 AM   #6
GOD
Banned

well i should have around 14 grand to put down from insurance b/c i got in wreck a yr ago thats the only reason i might be able to get one . I really dont want to wait till August but if thats when the 5spd comes out i guess ill have to wait .
Old 04-18-2001, 04:30 PM   #7
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
Yes, wait...and keep saving as much as you can until then...not for a bigger down payment, but for modifications.
Old 04-23-2001, 10:08 PM   #8
GOD
Banned

Well i wasnt really planning on modding it much . My plans were to initially to get an Itr and fix it up but that didnt happen so im gonna go with an Is300 and just go for a more laid back look . I was gonna just put 18in Concept neeper daggs lower it a little bit and put some Dvd and maybe a Ps2 in the car . I dont think im gonna fix this car up for speed ...i think im gonna go more for lux .
Old 04-30-2001, 02:02 PM   #9
h23power
AF Newbie

i would have to get the yellow one.. man those altezzas are tite as well as the damn headlights.. i wouldnt mind havin one!!
Old 05-01-2001, 06:49 PM   #10
GOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Porsche
GOD, you said your going to get one in AUG? There like 25k and your only 18 or so. Rich boy. Lexus also has a new "L" tuned division, kinda like AMG and ///M but so far, I think that they only do the GS series.
An L division ....wow is what exactly do they do and do they make factory parts like the TRD for toyota do ? ....and u said J/K did u mean this or the part about u flipping me off ?
Old 05-29-2001, 02:27 AM   #11
Twiggy
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Twiggy Send a message via AIM to Twiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Twiggy
i would

well im 16 so lick my nuts :finger: and when i get an is300 this summer ill get it in black with black interior 20 inch givanna corsica wheels in chrome and a navsystem plus a few bolt ons and lowered suspesion and a mcintosh stereo system because its simply the best! i have a 00' infiniti G20 and i love my mcintosh system 1100 watts also have u checked out http://www.is300.net they have a really good site and a big forum
at least 100 people check it out and for ur info porsche they cost $35,000.

j/k about the finger
Old 05-29-2001, 07:44 AM   #12
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
I would mod the hell out of this car. I love the way it looks. A cousin of mine knows this guy that has a yellow one. I have yet to see it, but apparently, he ordered a body kit from Japan that is exclusive to the cars over there. I don't know, but my cousin tells me that it is hot as hell. I think he has black rims on it and what not. Looks very GTish.
Old 06-08-2001, 03:40 PM   #13
jp716
AF Newbie

IS300 JDM parts

if you want to go JDM with your IS300/Altezza, theres a few places that offer parts. www.tribalpacific.com has GS and IS JDM stuff i saw. i guess the parts are genuine toyota parts that are only available to the japanese market. hope i was some help.
Old 06-09-2001, 12:10 AM   #14
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

AH, for once the States got something better than the rest of the world. The IS's 3.0L 2JZ-GE has an unbelievable aftermarket following, and for once, theres no need to overhaul it in favor of the Altezza's 210hp 3S-GE Dual VVT-i (even though that motor is TRULY amazing--for a 2.0L non-turbo 4-cylinder).

Interesting thought: There are probably some folks in Japan swapping in the 2JZ in their Altezzas to yield higher power; REVENGE for the KA24DE 240SX!!!

GOD, if I were you, I would make mine a sleeper. Minor exterior mods, heavy power-adders. Why? Opinion: There are so many ISs on the road, you have to stay on top somehow, and performance is the way to go, not appearance. 2JZ modification parts are reasonably priced since the motor has been around for some time now, in several different cars. I feel that the stock IS already is a beauty to look at and making too many changes on the outside will ruin its clean lines. However, I agree with you on the wheels, luxury mods, and other subtle changes--these wont kill the sharp, already-aggressive look.

Question: Does anyone know if any companies make replacement taillights for the IS300 that have black, instead of chrome surrounds? This on the right colored IS would almost make it seem like an OEM 'sports edition', as in the case of the newer SVT Mustangs with the amber turn-lights.
Old 06-12-2001, 12:05 AM   #15
OzNiTtoRM
AF Newbie

Angry REALISTIC

I just have a question for the people that have replied before me. What country and what state are you in. Somone said they can put 20inch wheels on the iS300 ( i don't think so ). Also a iS300 for $25k, where do they sell a iS300 for that cheap, in Kali you be luckie to get on for $32K. To be realistic about adding stuff to your car, unlike some of the other people this is what i plan on doing by the end of the summer. Oh I have a white IS.
1.) Get the Superturimo O.Z Rims (white rims)
2.) What ever size Nitto tires that fit the O.Z rims that are NT-555 Extreme Performece series
3.) Air Intake from Rod Millian
4.) Exhaust from Rod Millian
5.) SuperTouring Wing from West Wing

Hopefully this will be a great start for me and anyone that wishes to start fixing up their iS300. All that other stuff people are saying probabby hurt your engine or coast too much. Most people are broke after buying a iS300. The things i listed will just set you back another $4,000. If you want to fix your car more go ahead, but i'll be plenty broke after those 5 steps.