Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Riviera
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
mookie2k5
AF Newbie

95 riviera Crossed polarities for battery >_<

Recently i put the negative on the positive and the positive on the negative when hooking up my battery. I turned the ignition key unfortunately and now I have some problems with my 1995 riviera. I was told my computer might be fried but it still cranks up and starts. So i figure if it was the computer it wouldnt start up at all? I drove it a bit for a few miles turned it off and it still works. However the system has gone haywire it seems. When i step on the gas, the car constantly beeps, like the brake fluid was low in it. When i put it in neutral and hit the gas the car will rev differently than before. Not sure how to explain it but previously i could step on the gas and it would rev smoothly, now when i do it, the car seems to hesitate a bit. My radio would turn on and off at first but now it plays normally. Any idea what i messed up on the car? I am hoping its just my sensors got fried and not the computer or some other electrical problem. Also i see faint smoke coming from somewhere under the engine.
mookie2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 95 riviera Crossed polarities for battery >_<

Track the smoke down first related or not, the pcm may have survived and is in relearn, time will tell.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Riviera