Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 02:24 AM   #1
94tegRS
AF Enthusiast

smoked a neon, not sure what happened with the G35

ok, well tonight I picked up a 92 GSR, and on my 6 hour ride home I got in a couple of races, first one Im on the freeway in massachusetes maybe, anyways the speed limit was 45 in this stretch which is rediculous first of all, but anyways I see this neaon 2 door (the earlier style and not sure of model) had altezzas and exhaust is all I know but I see it from a ways back and do a little fly by just so they knew I was open for business and I slowed back down and had it in 3rd doing maybe 50 and the neon comes up to me and doesnt match my speed it keeps going so I floor it and its about 2 cars ahead when I take off so it had a decent headstart, I think I could have dropped to 2nd for a good thousand revs worth but not sure of my redline/MPH in each gear yet. so I left it in 3rd and by the time I shifted I was about a car ahead and then shifted to 4th and just slowed down to the speed limit (I had already gotten pulled over once and was drivng with a home made WA cardboard plate, cuz the laws are completely bass ackwards from WA to NH so I didnt do the whole title transfer process correctly)

and then later on almost home I see a couple 20 year olds maybe cruisin in a G35 2 door. when they drove by they both looked over at me and then kept going and then shot over 2 lanes to get clear of traffic and I followed them and then they took off for a second but I was far back and didnt wanna go yet, so I pulled next to them, dropped to 3rd, gave it a few quick blips on the throttle to let em know Im going and then took off and I didnt lose them as fast as I would if they werent trying, but I know they couldnt have had it floored, or they would have whooped me right? maybe they just didnt downshift or something.

almost got to race a hella nice looking 5th gen accord sedan, but they came up to me already doing at least 20 over me, and just revved it up as they passed me so I dropped to just 4th to catch p and then race from even position but I kept accelerating slowly to catch them and they kept going faster and faster so by the time I hit 90 just trying to catch them I said F it and put it back in 5th and cruised. man i cant wait to get this car home and take it to the test strip we got laid out and then depending on how it does there Im gonna challenge my friend who has a B16 in his 94 EX coupe with I/H/E.
-01 R1-04 daytona 600-94 teg RS-95 teg LS
-91 teg RS-92 teg GSR-94 civic CX hatch (3 times)
-94 civic DX-96 civic HX-97 Accord LX-72 superbeetle
-74 beetle-84 silverado-66 c10-74 maverick-78 280z
-84 200sx-86 tercel wagon-95 mustang V6
94tegRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 05:46 PM   #2
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: smoked a neon, not sure what happened with the G35

sounds very good man sweet car BTW I love those DA GSRs.

Hope your happy with new toy she sure runs well.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:25 PM   #3
94tegRS
AF Enthusiast

Re: smoked a neon, not sure what happened with the G35

seems to run pretty good, I do hear a very slight ticking that I am almost positive is just incorrect valve-lash.

Im getting a ride to autozone tomorrow to get some feeler gauges and some parts for a tune-up before I drive it all over.
-01 R1-04 daytona 600-94 teg RS-95 teg LS
-91 teg RS-92 teg GSR-94 civic CX hatch (3 times)
-94 civic DX-96 civic HX-97 Accord LX-72 superbeetle
-74 beetle-84 silverado-66 c10-74 maverick-78 280z
-84 200sx-86 tercel wagon-95 mustang V6
94tegRS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!