Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
Phypher
AF Newbie

Mazda Mx3 out of time

Hey guys,

I have a 92 Mazda Mx3 with a 1.6sohc. I am having the worst time trying to find a haynes or chilton manual for help so I though I would try it here.

What happened is that my timing belt on my car has broken and I dont know how to get my car back in time. I have adjusted the timing marks on the cam as where there are 2 on the head and 2 marks on the pulleys but as for the bottom pulley I cant find a mark or indication of where it should go. If anyone knows where I can get a diagram or can tell me where the timing marks line up I would appreciate it.... thanks Nick
Phypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
mazdatekchubyninja
AF Regular

Re: Mazda Mx3 out of time

there should be a notch on the crank pulley and a triagle on the engine block to match. pull cylinder 1 spark plug and find top dead center and it will have your crank pully new the marks.
mazdatekchubyninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
mechExp
AF Newbie

Re: Mazda Mx3 out of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phypher
Hey guys,

I have a 92 Mazda Mx3 with a 1.6sohc. I am having the worst time trying to find a haynes or chilton manual for help so I though I would try it here.

What happened is that my timing belt on my car has broken and I dont know how to get my car back in time. I have adjusted the timing marks on the cam as where there are 2 on the head and 2 marks on the pulleys but as for the bottom pulley I cant find a mark or indication of where it should go. If anyone knows where I can get a diagram or can tell me where the timing marks line up I would appreciate it.... thanks Nick
Fast TIP if u do a lot of ur own work on ur car goto a dealer ship and get a dealer manaul on ur car DO NOT get a cheap NAPA book they suck and cheap for a reason spend the xtra money and get a good book you will find out that it is soo much better than a chiltons if all else fails MITCHEL manuals are awsome.
mechExp is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-3