Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
AF Newbie

steering grind

Hello everyone. I currently drive a 2002 Olds Intrigue with 75000 miles on it. I really enjoy the car; this is my second one. Had a 2000 that I traded in on this one. Great car.
Here's my question: every once in a while, when I make a small sharp turn, there is a grind from the front end and the LOW TRAC light comes on. Is this going to be a problem? Has anyone else heard of this? What do I need to do? I'm afraid to go to the dealer because they'll tell me anything to get into my wallet. Thanx!!
2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
phewop118
AF Regular

Re: steering grind

That grind that you here is either the traction control or the stability control stepping in thinking that you are sliding or spinning tires. The most likely culprit is a wheelspeed sensor that is acting up (or loose, though that usually triggers the Service Vehicle Soon light). Do you have the "Precision Control System" on your car?
phewop118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
AF Newbie

no, but i wish it did. i have a tendency of going too fast around curves. all it has is traction control
2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
LittleHoov
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to LittleHoov

mine does the same thing, I think under certain sharp turns the wiring to the ABS gets twisted to where its actually pulling on the wiring harnesses, and they arent really supposed to move that much, so i think it makes enough change in the voltage to where it comes up as low traction.

both of my front wheel speeds sensors are now held in place with bread ties and super glue...they wouldnt stay on with just the clips, one side also lost its weatherproofing and was sliding around inside the connector so now its got electrical tape for weatherproofing....and yes they work fine! most of the time...
LittleHoov is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue