Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

Back to Basics

I know we've all heard this a million times, but at $4.00 a gallon for gas, it really hits home.

Check your tire pressure.

I found that I get an extra 1 1/2 to 2 miles to the gallon when I keep my tire pressure up to 32 PSI. When my tires get down around 25 PSI, I start seeing 17 -18 MPG, but when I keep the pressure up to 32 PSI, I enjoy a sweet 19-20 MPG in my 4.3 L 2000 Jimmy. So, I get an extra 30-40 miles per tank and that adds up quick!

Here is a good spot check. Using your dashboard tach, drive at 60 MPH and see what your RPM's are, Mine is usually a click below 2000 RPM. Now drive at 2000 RPM and see what your speed is, Mine is around 65 MPH. Every vehicle will be slightly different, but if you establish a baseline for your truck, You will have a mental red flag to tell you that something needs attention.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Last edited by Rick Norwood; 04-09-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Rick Norwood is offline   Reply With Quote