Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 01:29 PM   #1
CrazyFukr2k3
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to CrazyFukr2k3
My cd player shuts off when i turn on headlights until i turn headlights off

When im driving along and it starts to get dark i turn on my headlights and it shuts off my cd player, but if i turn off my cdplayer, turn on the headlights, then turn on the cd player it works. also if the cars just sitting there and the key is in the accessory position the cd player wont turn on. i already checked the radio fuse and its fine. i was thinking maybe its the battery or alternator?
Old 01-30-2003, 12:02 PM   #2
redmanjd
AF Enthusiast

did you cut your wiring harness or did you get a plug adaptor? does it keep time? when you turn your headlights on does the cd player turn on and off constantly? i thing if it it keeps time you have the wrong 12 switch wire. you should check it with a meter and if when you turn on the light and the voltage drops below 11.5 you have the wrong wire like a dimmer wire or illumination wire
redmanjd is offline   Reply With Quote