Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2001, 02:39 PM   #31
evo619
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to evo619
wrx has what you call turbo lag...and it's really bad...so comparing it with the evo vii no contest...sti will be the same...for all the wrx owners you know what i mean...out of all the polls i read...they stated the evo vii is all around better...there seems to be alot of confusion here but the sti will be u.s. bound 2003 as a 2004 model...technically i would rather get a wrx than a wrx sti...just the fact it's 4-5000 dollars cheaper and from my understanding it's just a simple ecu upgrade...thats just me...just have to do without the bigger intercooler the cold spray to it...the gold 17 in rims....and bigger brakes...oh yeah and dont forget the nice interior...evo vii will be here next year...dont know for sure if it'll be called the evo vii or just lancer...my thoughts is that it'll be just lancer and once sti sets foot on shore here...they will have the evo vii to match the sti...we'll just have to wait and see....oh yeah isn't this the dopest car you've ever seen?

evo619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2001, 03:16 PM   #32
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
I will have to disagree about the STi. You get bigger, cooler wheels, a bigger turbo and intercooler, better interior, huge Brembos, body kit (including new lights, thank god!!), better tranny, etc, etc. It is well worth the extra dough, IMHO.

Look around to other forums, and I have said (with agreement from others) that it basically comes down to personal choice and what type of driving experience you like better.

PS I wish Subaru would get a titanium/aluminum turbine, it would really reduce lag. The EVO has one.
Old 10-19-2001, 03:27 PM   #33
Chris
Oldie

Oh, and welcome to AF
Old 10-19-2001, 04:29 PM   #34
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

I would much rather have an EVO i just think it's a better rounded car, but mainly just personal preference. I don't like how the WRX looks as much as an EVO.... but i'd still take a WRX STi no problem, heh

but i would much rather have a R34 Skyline GT-R than both of'em cause i wouldn't be doing any rallying so i might aswell get a car made for the road, hehe
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 05:44 AM   #35
evo619
AF Newbie

thanks for the warm welcome...still waitng patientlly for the evo to come here...you sound pretty smart...do you know any websites for bodykits for the evo vii? thanks...
Old 10-26-2001, 01:46 PM   #36
BLUE AND BLACK
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by evo619
wrx has what you call turbo lag...and it's really bad...so comparing it with the evo vii no contest...

Owning both I really beg to differ. The EVO is MUCH more laggy than the Scoob. Both car have fully decatted open exhaustsytem from the turbo on. The only difference beeing that the Scoob is 2.5" in diameter and the EVO 3". The scoob will beat the EVO on a short sprint anytime. On the long run the Scoob is out of breath.

I agree that as an EVO owner this is annoying (beeing beaten by my wife driving the Scoob). So I'll be going for the PE remap that should take me upt to 330hp and 440 Nm torque.

Nico
BLUE AND BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 04:50 PM   #37
Chris
Oldie

That smaller exhaust has something to do with it, the air has to travel faster and with more force to get out, so it will spool up the turbo faster.

Some sites, well, since it ain't here, I dont have any off the top of my head. I will look later, though.
Old 10-27-2001, 05:35 PM   #38
Chris
Oldie

I emailed mitsubishi in England. Try speed-options.com. Also, see if you can get your hands on a Fast Car magazine (its British, it can be very useful)
Old 11-08-2001, 06:09 AM   #39
evo619
AF Newbie

subura does have a bad turbo lag worse than evo...because it does not have the titanium/ aluminum turbine.....
Old 11-09-2001, 12:47 PM   #40
BLUE AND BLACK
AF Newbie

EVO 619,

My question is, have you actually driven both???? I OWN and DRIVE both an EVO VI and an Impreza turbo. My expirience is completely different. On the SCOOB boost comes in from 2,750 RPM upwards and then dies off above 5,500 RPM. On the EVO boost really starts at 3,800 and holds allmost to the redline.

For this reason I am thinking about adding the PE remap to the EVO. Due to less fuel (the standard EVO setting is VERY VERY rich) and changed timing (off boost) I am hoping for better throttle response and a less laggy feel on the EVO. Oh yes, boost gets upped as well. (1.5 bar peak and 1.35 bar holding).

Nico
BLUE AND BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2001, 02:19 PM   #41
Chris
Oldie

I havent found a body kit yet. Mitsubishi directed me to Ralliart, and they have said they will e-mail me when either they or someone else introduces a body kit. I will e-mail you when I get informed.
Old 11-11-2001, 12:52 AM   #42
rEVOlution
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to rEVOlution
Sooooo..........In short, When and where in the US is the EVO 7 going to be released?? I was about to buy a WRX when i caught news of the EVO. The only reason I was going to get a WRX was because that's what I had to settle for. I heard the EVO's going to cost about 28.000. Need some info thanx all!!!!
rEVOlution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 09:39 AM   #43
Chris
Oldie

Call Mitsubishi. We will have to wait probably for another year for it, though.
Too bad, competetion always makes for a faster product
Old 11-11-2001, 07:35 PM   #44
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by rEVOlution
I heard the EVO's going to cost about 28.000
i'm guessing it'll be mid to low 30k.... there's no way it'll be under 30k
plus expect dealer mark ups
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 09:21 PM   #45
Chris
Oldie

In Florida, T-birds were selling for $68000- 30000 over sticker!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer