Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 11:53 PM   #1
Honda Gal
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Honda Gal Send a message via Yahoo to Honda Gal
Talking Nastiest Car you've owned!

Heya all!
I think everyone has owned a car, you could say that you rather didn't like or like to be seen in!
Maybe it was your first car or one that you had to buy, cos your other one was getting fixed!
Well what ever was let it out ! (lol)
Mine was a nasty maroon 1984 toyota Corona that i paid $350.00 when i was 15, it was my first car ehhh it was nasty!
neway what was your most disliked car you owned????
Old 08-19-2005, 06:15 AM   #2
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
Re: Nastiest Car you've owned!

For a very brief period of time I owned my uncles 1991 Cavalier Z24 when I was learning to drive...It had rust circles all over the car in ugly patches, some of the body panels had somehow warped and flared out, the trunk had to be tied closed, there was an exhaust leak into the car somewhere so if you drove for more than a solid hour you would get sick....and lastly it leaked gas

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
Muscletang
AF Premium User

1993 GEO PRIZM YEAH BUDDY!!!!

I'm still driving this thing since gas is getting close to $3.00 a gallon and it sips the gas like no other.

People may laugh at me and everything but oh well. I have a Mustang at home that I have and on certain days I can get out my dad's and whipe that smug grin off of people's faces.

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:03 AM   #4
flatlander757
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to flatlander757
i think its pretty damn cool that the nastiest car i've ever owned is my Z28

but i'll admit when i bought it(for $2200!!) the headliner had a bit of mold-ish type stuff on it. turns out when i met the owner i suddenly knew what it was... dried hair gel

didn't get a chance to get a pic of that, but i also found a hornet's nest in my engine bay when i changed the air filter... which i did get a pic of:

I <3 my first car
Old 08-20-2005, 08:19 PM   #5
Honda Gal
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Honda Gal Send a message via Yahoo to Honda Gal

You found a hornets nest lol Have to say My Corona wasn't that bad in that aspect but everything else was nasty, it had a nice big rust hole that was probably about 10cm wide straight through to the door panel, paint missing, most of the interior was missing, like window winders, car seat handles were broken, and the interior was a nasty poo brown colour and it always smelt old n musty no matter how many air freshners i had in it! But i guess it gave me the motivation to save up for my next car, which i had in 4mnths after buying the Corona, so my upgrade was a 1986 Bmw series 3 which i bought of my uncle, loved that car lol Had a kit and 17's on it! at the stage i was 16 and for a 16 your i loved it i though it was the best car ever! lol but the cost to keep that thing on the road, ehhh was a pain i had to replace the gear box and after that sold that, Then went alot bigger Went to a 1983 Statesman Deville V8, that was kewl aswell lol started to that up and decided after about 6mths it was far too much for me and i was scared of it in the rain, she just slid out all the time, so sold that and bought my first turbo which was a nissan gloria v6 turbo, kept that for another 6mths sold that lol then bought my prelude and just reccenlty my skyline, so its taken me a while to get what i want but i got there! i Still have the Lude aswell! Neway thats my history of cars lol
Old 08-20-2005, 08:24 PM   #6
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

Hornets nest haha. My first car was a 93 plymouth colt vista.
Stole this from someones Car domain, sorry!!
Looked just like this. It was a 1.8 16V Mitsubishi engine that did awesome burnouts and was actually pretty fast.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:15 AM   #7
deadbolt_35
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to deadbolt_35

'91 plymouth sundance....POS! but i loved it. we called it the "black stallion" back in high school. i just about had a sunroof because of the rust and you couldn't wash it by hand because it'd turn your towels black when you tried to dry it off. every door handle has at one point been broken. at one point i had to get in the passenger side because the outside driverside doorhandle was broken, but you had to get out the driver side because the inside passenger doorhandle was broken. it finally died permanently in the school parking lot and i left it there when i went off to college, it was my token to the high school, my lasting memory to all the kids coming through the ranks of the "black stallion" haha
deadbolt_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:33 AM   #8
tuske427
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tuske427
My "worst" car was a 1973 Saab model 99. I was in highschool (1991) and it was given to me (right place at the right time). The person who previously owned it lived in it, and then died (I don't know if he died in the car or not) so another couple were looking to dispose of the car. I took it. It had no back seat (that's where the guy slept) and it was an otherwise tired old car. When I got it I had to replace the driver's door window, the clutch and plug up some vacuum lines for missing egr equipment on the engine. as a result it never ran smooth and I had to "pump" the gas pedal as I drove the car to make it run smooth. If I held the pedal constant the engine would surge and not run right.
The car broke on me many times and was rather unreliable. also, for a front wheel drive car it was the worst handling car I ever drove in the snow (upstate new york) It wouldn't go straight on a snow covered road, it handled terrible (needed some anti sway bars) and it was ugly. It was brush painted red( previous owner) so I spray can painted it black. the paint ended up getting flat very quickly os it was this dull finish.

On a positive note, this car had the brightest headlights of any car I've ever driven. It would light the road and then some. The engine would rev very high and not burn oil. I installed a tach and would have fun watching the needle climb pass 7,000 rpm in first or second gear. one time I "mis-shifted" and saw the tach go past 8,000. the engine had no problem revving... And with no backseat I built a wooden platform in the back. I stapled an old rug down to it and could stuff 4 friends in the back and they would be comfortable. The car also had a great heater, especially for a 4 banger. the heated seats plumbing was ripped out and there was only one vent coming out of the dashboard, but it was liek a furnace. It cranked the heat out.

I also had 2 electrical fires with this car, one causing me to have to re-wire the entire interior of the car...

Despite the mechanical problems this was a fun car to have in highschool. In the rural upstate NY area, we'd take this car through orchards "off roading" or chasing wild animals through the fields with it.

One time the car broke on me (the input shaft stripped and gave out) so I lost l lmecahnical movement with it. It was a free rolling car and since it had no working emergengy brakes I couldn't park it without chockong the wheel. I used a hockey stick while I went into a store to buy a flashlight to look at the car and call my dad for a ride home (cars like to breakdown at night) I came back to my car and my hockey stick was gone. It was replaced with a little piece of wood. Although bummed I lost my hockey stick I was glad the thief(s) at least had the courtesy to replace the stick with another piece of wood. I really would have been upset to have found my car rolled and crashed into someone elses car. Looking back it's pretty funny.

After one winter of this fabulous ride and all its experiences I ended up selling this car for a whopping $75 that next spring to a highschool classmate.

Never saw it again.
tuske427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #9
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Nastiest Car you've owned!

1996 ford windstar.... Shoot me please...
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 04:59 AM   #10
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Geo Metro, small uncomfortable, and gutless tin can. Wish I still had it though as it got 40 MPG.
Filthy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #11
blk_srt
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt

1985 honda crx bought it for $500 and it has a big bondo patch on the rear quarter no header panel ripped up seats broker front quarter panel and a broken pan hard bar

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
blk_srt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #12
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander757
Can polish a turd

J/k my friend has a Z28 Lt1....
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #13
Andydg
AF Enthusiast

I've never really had a nasty car...I've had a 454SS and a GSX, both in really good condition. But I am driving my dad's Dakota now until I get a new(er) car and it's the nastiest thing I've ever driven as a primary vehicle...I can see the road through the door.
Andydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 02:50 PM   #14
joe_a_buaiz
AF Newbie

I would say the absolute worst vehicle I've had, is an old Chevy Suburban. I still have it. It was a project truck, completely assembled from the ground up in the back yard. It has the 1976 1/2 chassis, 3 speed 2 range transmission with the bulldog gear, super-duty transfer case, 4-wheel drive with hubs that you have to get out and turn to lock (when I think of the times I've found myself nearly swimming in mud to try to get to those hubs...), very low gear ratio, eight lug non-slip differential axles, and an asthmatic 265 (or 267 or something like that) small block engine, that produces barely enough power to move this 7,000 pound truck. It averages around 7 miles per gallon, empty. It originally had a 427 that would smoke the tires in third, but it got 3 miles a gallon, so I changed over to a 350, which got around 5 or 6 miles per gallon. I don't want to install anything smaller, because then I will be holding it wide open all the time, and end up with even worse mileage. I won't have to worry about gas mileage anymore, though, when I build a few of my carburetors; I might even drop the 427 back in.
It's on it's third body shell, this one a 1984 (I think). Starting at the front: The steel bumper is kinked in, the plastic grill is held together with zip-ties and tape, the front fenders are kinked in, the hood is kinked out, the front doors are both kinked in, and the vent window on the driver's side is made of card-board and duct-tape. The back doors are also both kinked in, the driver's side is a replacement (wrong color) with a vent window held together by that stupid stick-on tint, and the passenger side was bent forward while open (I forgot to close it, then tried to back up into the woods, with predictable results), the rear quarter panels are bashed in, and the tailgate is a replacement (wrong color again) that had 'BACK OFF' spraypainted on it when I got it (I painted over it with a roller). And the roof leaks. And I can see the pavement through the floor. And the floors don't join up the walls anymore. And I'm afrid that the walls and roof are going to fall down over the floor while I'm on the road somewhere.

But it'll pull large trees out of the ground, roots and all.

---Joe
joe_a_buaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:08 PM   #15
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

first car: 96 olds ciera 4dr. hand-me-down from parents. it was a classic old person car.
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain
ZL1power69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General