Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discussion about performance modifications and issues.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 07:45 AM   #1
SkYLiNeFrEaK
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SkYLiNeFrEaK
Talking

I have no clue, but i do know about A LOT of the mod's you can do to a Skyline. For example a HP boost, but i know there is something out there that is far better then just a Horsepower Boost.
SkYLiNeFrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 08:01 AM   #2
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
There sure is

Nitrous!
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 09:10 AM   #3
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
What's a "horsepower boost". Is that just any modification which adds horsepower?

Anyhow, I would think that replacing the chip would be the best mod there is. Let you get to all of that unused power.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:41 AM   #4
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

I think what FrEaK was refering to was a Boost Controller, hey, I might be wrong. Which adjust your boost to what ever level you need on the fly. The only problem with this is the additional stress put on the turbo with the increase spinning.

I like a little extra boost with a little Nitrous is a much better combo than a lot of one or the other, since the N2O will cool your intake charge to prevent detonation under higher compression from the turbos.

A perfect set up when I get mine would be a turbo, intercooler, fuel pump, cam, injectors, computer up grades, 150 shot, with the engine stroked out to a 3.0. Can you say 10's, I knew you could. Oh,ya gotta have the CE Veilside kit as well. Do they have the Lottory in England?
Old 05-03-2001, 11:57 AM   #5
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
I would say weight reduction. A light 700bhp GTR race car thats under 2700lb. would kill a 1000bhp GTR thats near 3700lb. on the track. Displacment increase can also do wonders to the Skyline GT-R. And a torque controller would also be a good investment.
Racer 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 12:47 PM   #6
SkYLiNeFrEaK
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SkYLiNeFrEaK
Quote:
Originally posted by SkylineUSA

I think what FrEaK was refering to was a Boost Controller, hey, I might be wrong. Which adjust your boost to what ever level you need on the fly. The only problem with this is the additional stress put on the turbo with the increase spinning.

I like a little extra boost with a little Nitrous is a much better combo than a lot of one or the other, since the N2O will cool your intake charge to prevent detonation under higher compression from the turbos.

A perfect set up when I get mine would be a turbo, intercooler, fuel pump, cam, injectors, computer up grades, 150 shot, with the engine stroked out to a 3.0. Can you say 10's, I knew you could. Oh,ya gotta have the CE Veilside kit as well. Do they have the Lottory in England?

You are right dude thats what i was talking about. I would frankly mod the hell out of my Skyline when i get one. Can you say GReddy Body kit, and engine mods. Nitrious is illegal isn't it?

Man, I would SMOKE alot of my friends cars.
SkYLiNeFrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 01:35 PM   #7
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Nitrous is legal, and so are Body Kits.

I think there are two states that they are tring to ban it, one being Georgia and I am not sure about the other.
Old 05-03-2001, 01:39 PM   #8
BBD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to BBD
ahhh nissan Skyline,,, excuse me guys but this is One of few cars that are Made to be MOdified ,,, you buy it you Modifiy it if you want to keep it as factory setting please do not insulte the people in Nissan by not doing so ,,,, :bandit: what modification is the best thats all up to taste I should say anything from Nismo to custome made parts would work ,,,, this is one car that cant be left as factory setting
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 01:55 PM   #9
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

One mod can solve all your problems...

The 1,380hp engine from Veilside's 214mph R34. There ya go!
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 09:42 PM   #10
R33
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to R33
If you ask me a single mod which is the best for the gtr, I'd say it's the ETC. I don't know about other people, but this has been done to mine:
Profec B boost controller/OS Giken twin plate clutch/HKS air filters,Super drager,hiper damper,GT intercooler,oil cooler,turbo timer,iridium sparks,twin power ignition,ETC/Eibach springs/Nismo 3 piece magnesium wheels (only 9 lb each!).

Next things to do:
HKS forged pistons kit/264 cams kit/adjustable pulleys/either twin 2530 turbos or single HUGE TO4R turbo/fuel pump/air regulator/high flow oil pump/huge brake kit.

Result: 550-600 whp:flamer: :rocket: :aug2: :badass:

If possible: Carbon fibre body parts/6 speed sequential gear!

Hmm...that's about all for me. Anything more....I should save and buy the F60.
R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 11:54 PM   #11
Racer 20
AF Regular

The Tommykaira ZZ2 is comming out for only $90,000!!! For the preformance you get thats awesome!! Save up for one of those, I am, and so are all of the cool people. lol
Old 05-04-2001, 01:44 AM   #12
R33
AF Enthusiast

Question

Errr....sorry for being blank....but what is a Tommylaira ZZ2? Is it a modded GTR?
Old 05-04-2001, 04:47 PM   #13
BBD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to BBD
VielSide's Skyline that did 214mph = 343 km/h is modified by HKS ..... try a Skyline thats been Modified by Top Secret 2000hp at engine, 0-300km/h in 16.8 secounds ,,, top speed of 344.2 km/h ... and street use

all top speeds might be the same *WHY* ahh I think its 6th gear reaches its red line by that speed... If you lengthen the 6th gear ratio you will get a faster top speed ,,, but guys 340km/h is more than enought for me 0-60mph in 3.0 secounds is more than I ask for

PS* keep a NOS button on the side incase u see a Maclaren F1 on the road

BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2001, 05:03 PM   #14
Racer 20
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by R33
Errr....sorry for being blank....but what is a Tommylaira ZZ2? Is it a modded GTR?
Tommykaira is a Japanese Nissan tuner or something like that. There on car the ZZ is kinda' like a Japanese Elise. Their ZZ2 is an exotic midengined car. It has the RB26DETT engine and is supposed to put out 588bhp, I think... It will be build in Nissan's factorys in England so they can ditch the 276bhp agreement in Japan. But all of this info might change I'm not sure. It also is supposed to only weigh 2200lb. giving it a p/w ration that's close to the McLaren F1s. And considering you can get a new NSX or new imported GT-R R34 for the same price it makes it a hot buy. It's kinda' like a Nissan exotic since it uses the RB26DETT in the rear. But I think I herd somewhere that the buyer can choice from 2.0-3.0 engine sizes but I'm not sure.
Old 05-05-2001, 03:40 AM   #15
R33
AF Enthusiast

Thumbs up

I want....I want...I want...er....how's the look? Where can I see it in the web? Shall we share one? I mean 6 mths for your use and 6 mths for my use? Come to think of it, perhaps I should start a project....buy an Elise...ditch the K8 Rover engine...and you guess the rest....