Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Which do you like better, the Evo VI, or Evo VII
Evo VI 49 40.16%
Evo VII 73 59.84%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 09:35 AM   #76
BBD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to BBD
VQuick

Yes the dude is driving for Subaru now ,, and I think at the 7th potion the drivers title not doing too good. 4x champ needs to get back to the Mitsubishi EVO's man not the VII heheh
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 09:13 PM   #77
esco
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to esco
Well in my opinion i believe that most rally cars have advanced enough to justify that the driver and his crew is the main responsibility to why manufacturers lose thier titles. Suburu isn't even doing as great as it did before and neither is mitsubishi ofcourse and i don't think its becuase of thier cars. The Evo's keep getting better year after year and so do the imprezas. The EvoVII has a stiffer chassis than any other evo ever released, its drivetrain is also alot more advanced than the past. And in rally, luxury and weight isn't an option anyway, they're stripped to the bones and highly tuned for torque and hp at every course, not to mention that they almost always have a few of the identical cars at hand if one breaks down. Tommi knows that its really the drivers responsibility and not really the manufacturer if he loses and since subaru probably paid him a hell of alot more to join than mitsubishi did then why not go with subaru? Yeah the evoVII is bigger than the past evo's but the impreza is also bigger than its predeccesors also and they're both alot more advanced than the older ones they replaced. Take a look at all the manufacturers and every single one has a competitive rally car, its unlike years ago when it wasn't even an equal playing field. It used to be (after the deltas) that if u weren't driving an Evo or Impreza u weren't gonna win but now its not like that.
esco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 09:45 PM   #78
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Quote:
Originally posted by esco
not to mention that they almost always have a few of the identical cars at hand if one breaks down.

Ha! Tell that to them next time they swap out a gearbox and try and replace a turbo or head gasket in 20 minutes at service. No extra cars: You break it, then go home. I have yet to see a real race that lets you change cars halfway through.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:44 PM   #79
esco
AF Newbie

Don't get me wrong here, i didn't mean it as in "lets call up my backup and i'll be up in running in a minute", I mean't they always have more than one car that they rally with, thier does that clear it up?, cuz some people i've talked to actually thought that they rallied with one single car for the entire season, i was like hell no! they have a crew and a couple of cars.

Anyway my point was i think that rally cars have gotten so advanced and the playing field is alot more equal that it takes more than a great car to win the race.
Old 08-26-2002, 11:55 PM   #80
esco
AF Newbie

hey the evoVII has gotten more votes cuz i think people prefer the advancement of the new evo, but by looks alone I think more people would prefer the older evo's. I still can't get my mind off that tommi makinin edition evo6.5 though, that thing looks so tight. Has everyone one seen the EvoVII with the "Hyper" body kit?(its been out for a while now) Damn does that thing look hot! we gotta put some side by side pics of the tommi evo6.5 and the evo7 "hyper" and let people decide what looks better.
Old 09-23-2002, 01:12 PM   #81
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Well, this is quite a delay, but yes, you're right. Usually, they change cars for the next race, so they are better suited for the tarmac of Spain or the deserts of Kenya.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:04 AM   #82
4Halos
AF Newbie

personally i would take the VII over the VI anyday and i have a list of reasons why. although the VI has it's variations and can be tuned like a mofo VII also has the same thing, and as far as it looking bland i like that because if you have an aggressive car then most people don't want to race you. kind of like if someone pulls in a ferrari enzo and revs the engine you will say fuck that but there could be a honda just as fast and you still would get your ass kicked. bozz, jun, and monster are out there working miracles for the car as far as tuning and aerodynamics etc. another thing you guys might have heard of is the extreme-s package that you can buy your evo vii with, and with numbers like 367(3900)/393lb(5000) the evo vii to me is a much better choice especially since the tuning is official and professionally done. i would like to add that is without fuel injectors,pumps, or new turbo or any major things etc.... as far as you guys who are all about style there's always the puma kit or the monster kit that make the evo vii look intimidating and amazingly gorgeous. let's not forget about the updated ram air and vents as the evo vii has better heat evacuation too. while i love the VI i'm sorry boys the VII is pissing on its grounds and marking it's territory, especially since mitsu has wrx on its ass with the S202 rex. all in all i think the VII has grown even though it has gained weight so i'll take one to go
4Halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 12:50 PM   #83
Evomaniac
Banned

i personally own a Evolution VII and i think it's sorta like a toy car and i drift alot with it and abuse it more than you should but the newly designed brembo's it has halt's the car to a complete stop it's also very fun when you do some donut's with it.i would suggest this car to everyone i mean it look's great and is the best car i've ever had and i would probably pick it over a ferrari anyday but certainly not my gtr's.:smoker2:
Evomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 03:58 PM   #84
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Just thought of something else...

The British magazine Japanese Performance tested an Evo VII(when it was new) against an Evo 6.5 Makkinen. The VII makes '276hp' and the Makkinen is supposed to be making 330hp.
They tested 0-60mph for both cars, and the results were interesting. The Makkinen was lower at 4.4secs, but the VII still made it to 60mph in 4.5secs.
If the Makkinen had 330hp and less weight than the VII, but was only .1 second faster, how much power is the VII really making?? I know that the UK gets an Evo VII model called the FQ300 that has 305hp, but they won't say what the standard Evo VII produces.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2002, 07:23 PM   #85
BingBingMa
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BingBingMa
the evovii posts low hp figures, partially because it wants ot make an easier transition into the united states market, the rumored number is around 300 hp, but htat is not to dismiss the 6.5, because .1 secs is alot for 0-60
BingBingMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 07:52 AM   #86
neilex
AF Newbie

Thumbs up EVO VII

Hi,

Just found this forum today! Interesting to see what Ideas people have on the new Evo VII. I have owned one since sept. 01. I find it breath taking. Before I bought it I looked and drove a number of EVO VI but only drove one EVO VII. I found the VII alot better at cornering and to me there was no noticable difference in performance. Braking is slightly better in the VII too.

Moving to the EVO from a Lotus Esprit V8 (3.5L twin turbo) I felt I needed a little more power than the standard 280bhp so I fitted a Ralliart sport ECU, HKS Racing Suction Kit, HKS Super Drager Exhaust System with De-Cat pipe and a HKS twin plate paddle clutch (HKS SUPER CLUTCH). The car is now pushing out about 350BHP with an amazing 0-60 and a top speed that would put me behind bars!! Torque is gut wrenching. The clutch is unbelievable, they say it can handle up to 600bhp!! and you can spin all four wheels on dry tarmac without any slippage whatsoever.

If anyone is debating weither to buy a 6 or a 7 I personally would say 7. Another plus factor is that the 7 is alot more rare.

Summary! The EVO VII is a real life playstation 2 plus alot more!
neilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 09:32 AM   #87
phatdex
AF Enthusiast

To all those ppl comparing the EVO to STI, why the hell are u doing that? Name one comparison where the STI has come close to the EVO?
EVO = better engine (easier to modify), better brakes and better driveline ACD AYC.
Sti understeers like a bitch and cant handle at all compared to the EVO. Try and find a WRX in japan, u cant because no one likes them. To quote the president of HKS "we give no Fu(k for subaru".
The EVO is the King.
phatdex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 10:07 AM   #88
BingBingMa
AF Regular

y did makinen switch to scoobies if evos are so good?
Old 01-04-2003, 10:59 AM   #89
phatdex
AF Enthusiast

Mate, we are talking about cars. Drivers really dont care what team they drive for, they just go to whoever pays them more money. Can u imagine makinen going "subaru is a much better company, i think i'll ask them for a job."???? No! They approached him with a LOT of money!
UR remark has nothing to do with the EVO vs the STi.
In japan evo has ALL those things that I have mentioned better than the STi and heres the BIG one, it costs less!
The japanese ppl have not embraced the impreza as they have the evo or the skyline, coz they are an inferior make. Simple.
phatdex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 11:56 AM   #90
BingBingMa
AF Regular

i dont think makinene would switch only for the money, he will not drive a piece fo shit just because they give him alot of money, because u seem to neglect the fact that a racers goal is to win races, so if he would not switch to a far inferior automobile if he valued his career. the sti is a great car and right now in rally racing it is more successful than the evo. On paves roads the evo may be better, but it is getting too big and bulky for the race

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Lancer