Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 626/Capella/Capella Wagon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 11:45 PM   #1
Kevinmod
AF Newbie

Question Mazda 626 No Start - (Help)

My 1988 626 recently developed a couple of electrical gremlins in that the car periodically will not start.. I turn the ignition and nothing, no noise, no solenoid clicking, nothing.. I do notice that the battery is draining however.. I've replaced the main 80amp fuse and have cleaned my battery connections, replaced the battery and tried a jump from someone else but no joy.. the frustrating thing is that the next morning (or after a while) it will start w/no problem as if nothing was ever wrong..

any ideas ?

thanks in advance

frustrated in Novato CA..
Kevinmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
Loden
AF Newbie

Angry My 1993 Does the same thing!!!! HELP!!!

I have a 1993 Mazda 626 4cyl, and last night at a gas station after fueling the car wouldn't start, could here one click then nothing each time the key was turned. Called my GF, to come jump me, (keep focused) and while it took her 30 minutes to get to me it still wouldn't start. We hooked up her car, and at first it wouldn't start, (first 2-3 tries) then it did start. So drove it home, then went to Wally-world at 1am, (hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do) and picked up a new battery. Oh yeah, I believed it was the battery since the jump did work and the lights dimmed in the car when trying to start. After putting in the new battery last night, it worked great, started and stoped and started several times. After taking someone to the airport at 5am and going over to GF's place for the night, (I owed her), it started just fine this afternoon. When we went to a movie, and started when we left the theater. After getting back to her house, and being there for about an hour, it wouldn't start when I wanted to go home, UGH!!!! We tried jumping it, even though the battery was new, and NOTHING, just clicks once (which I believe is the cylinode) but then no starter activity. I think its really weird that it will not start sometimes and will others, and why would it of started no problems after changing the battery and then not today. Very confusing! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
Loden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:07 AM   #3
amstaub
AF Newbie

Mazda 626 No start

My '93 Mazda 626 has the same problem now. When I get in my car, I can tell there is power because my lights and power locks work. When I try to start the car, however, I hear a click, and then nothing. After my car not starting the first time, I replaced the battery. It started after replacing the battery, 2 days later it wouldn't start, and then 2 more days later it had no problems starting. I took it in to a repair shop, and they're trying to tell me that there was a loose connection with the ground cable. The cables were tight on the battery originally and after I intstalled the new battery, so I don't think that is the problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Kevinmod or Loden, did either of you ever solve your problems?
amstaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 07:16 AM   #4
darkjedi04
AF Regular

Re: Mazda 626 No Start - (Help)

I had that problem also, after a while I figured out the problem, i had a bad altanator. when your driving the battery will go dead and when you shut it off you have no power to start it back up.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:38 AM   #5
Lance CA
AF Newbie

Re: Mazda 626 No Start - (Help)

Check all of your battery & alternator connections, even the ends bolted to the frame & engine. If any are loose or dirty that will cause a battery to go dead both slowly & quickly. Check the connectors or the battery itself very closly, if you can wiggle them with a firm tug there too loose and make sure there clean. FWIW.
Lance CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:06 PM   #6
rjk6459
AF Newbie

Re: My 1993 Does the same thing!!!! HELP!!!

The following may not help, but here you go. I had a problem with my Mazda not starting, had it towed in and the mechanic could find nothing wrong with it. It would have this same problem again a week or two later. My mechanic finally traced it down to the relay block. The connectors in the block had opened up slightly creating an intermittent connection. The mechanic tightened up the faston connectors in the block and I have not had the problem since.
rjk6459 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > 626/Capella/Capella Wagon