Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #1
Caribbean ZJ
AF Regular

WIPERS help!!!

My 93 GCL intermittent wipers are not working.Currently the wipers work when the switch is only in the last(Fastest) position.Viewing other threads and forums, it seems there is an intermittent wiper module somewhere under the steering wheel area. Anyone knows exactly what it looks like or where exactly it is? Anyone ever had this problem & solved it? Also could it be the motors gone bad?
Caribbean ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:45 AM   #2
jcbcr
AF Newbie

Re: WIPERS help!!!

I have the same problem but mine doesn't work only in the fastest. Any help is gratefull.
jcbcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:42 AM   #3
Caribbean ZJ
AF Regular

When the problem first started it worked only in the last 2 postions. Yo! 'JCBCR' try the module & tell me if it works. If it dosen't I'll try the motors & tell you if it works. Its either one of the 2. Dont think its the switch though.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:21 AM   #4
F350Dixie
AF Newbie

My 94 JGC does the same thing....only works on the last two options. Been that way since I got it in Feb. Any advise would be great!
F350Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 05:24 PM   #5
jcbcr
AF Newbie

In order to describe better my problem, when I pass to the fastest, the wiper stops in the middle of the windshield. For that reason I
was thinking that the problem was in the switch. I don´t know how to check the module and the motor. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:07 AM   #6
Caribbean ZJ
AF Regular

Also when i switch the wipers off, they dont return to the park position. They stop anywhere along the windsheild as they wish. This seems to be a common grand cherokee problem, someone out there must have fixed this before
Old 06-01-2004, 08:23 AM   #7
F350Dixie
AF Newbie

Caribbean ZJ, doesnt that drive you crazy?? My 94's the same way...its like playing a game everytime you wanna turn the wipers off! I agree, someone's had to have fixed this before!!
F350Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:33 AM   #8
Caribbean ZJ
AF Regular

Anybody had any luck? i guess this is one of the problems where you just throw parts at. Problem is i actually live in the caribbean, no parts here.If i know what works i'll ship it in. Yo guys throw parts at it. im thinking bout selling my grand just for this s@%t
Old 06-30-2004, 12:28 PM   #9
esfd455
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbean ZJ
My 93 GCL intermittent wipers are not working.Currently the wipers work when the switch is only in the last(Fastest) position.Viewing other threads and forums, it seems there is an intermittent wiper module somewhere under the steering wheel area. Anyone knows exactly what it looks like or where exactly it is? Anyone ever had this problem & solved it? Also could it be the motors gone bad?

I have a 1994 Jeep GC Laredo. My wipers did the same thing so I found the problem and corrected it. The Intermittent module you need is located in the lower left side kick panel under the dash. Its a small box. Inside the box is a circuit board. Take it out and look at the bottom. You will see the circuit which is foil traces. There will be a burned spot on it that shows ann open in the circuit. Have someone who can solder repair the open break. Once repaired and installed the wipers will PARK and Use All Speeds correctly. Its not the motor or the switch on the column........Its the delay circuit box located behind the lower left kickpanel under the dash ( Right by your left foot ). That will fix the problem....

FF / EMT Gary
esfd455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:44 PM   #10
Caribbean ZJ
AF Regular

Thanks alot. I thought this thread was left for dead.To help someone on your first post is great. Wlecome.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:26 PM   #11
jcbcr
AF Newbie

Thanks everybody for your comments and help us to find the problem in ours GC.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:31 AM   #12
Caribbean ZJ
AF Regular

Just got my module today. here goes nothing
Old 09-01-2004, 11:58 AM   #13
Caribbean ZJ
AF Regular

Hey the shit works. Big up everyone who helped.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:57 PM   #14
ByronP
AF Regular

Damn, Caribbean. Was that GC dipped in the ocean? You've had more electrical problems than I thought possible. As a GC owner I hate to say get rid of it but I can easily see why you would want to. Maybe you just got a bad one? If you decide to keep it keep posting and hopefully we can help you through some of the issues. Good Luck.
ByronP
ByronP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 02:18 PM   #15
rjwolfram
AF Newbie

Re: Re: WIPERS help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfd455
I have a 1994 Jeep GC Laredo. My wipers did the same thing so I found the problem and corrected it. The Intermittent module you need is located in the lower left side kick panel under the dash. Its a small box. Inside the box is a circuit board. Take it out and look at the bottom. You will see the circuit which is foil traces. There will be a burned spot on it that shows ann open in the circuit. Have someone who can solder repair the open break. Once repaired and installed the wipers will PARK and Use All Speeds correctly. Its not the motor or the switch on the column........Its the delay circuit box located behind the lower left kickpanel under the dash ( Right by your left foot ). That will fix the problem....

FF / EMT Gary
THIS WORKS!

The black plastic box has 2 large plugs on each end. Its the only thing behind the little kick plate held on by just two screws. The box is stuck to the wall with velcro. After unplugging, the box snaps apart pretty easily and the board with all the plug pins snaps out easily also. Turn the board over and the burnt foil trace is easy to spot. The trace connects one solder joint on a plug connector pin to another solder joint on the little black box on the opposite side of the board (a relay, I believe). Solder a small wire about paper clip size to each solder joint. Use insulated wire or at least verify the wire isn't going to contact any other connections. Snap it together and put it back in the car. It worked for me. Its really simple, actually. Thank you Gary.

Bob
rjwolfram is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Grand Cherokee | Grand Cherokee SRT8