Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #1
ImSoYesterday
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoYesterday Send a message via AIM to ImSoYesterday Send a message via MSN to ImSoYesterday Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoYesterday
Hizzelp

My girlfriend's father owns a body shop, and a race shop, I get what I need, how I need, when I need, for what price I need. But here is the question, I want him to run straight pipe off of my header, so I won't have a cat, how big of pipe should I run, where can I relocate or bypass my O2 censor, and what kinda muffler should I get so I do not sound like a damn helicopter.

Thanks

~Jordan-
ImSoYesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:50 PM   #2
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl
Re: Hizzelp

idiot keep your cat

just get a high flow cat.

HOW TO POST PICS!
94SolGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #3
ImSoYesterday
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to ImSoYesterday Send a message via AIM to ImSoYesterday Send a message via MSN to ImSoYesterday Send a message via Yahoo to ImSoYesterday

I am chopping mycat off and making a straight through, soon, but, I want to know, is there a product I can purchase, or a place to relocate my o2 sensor so I so not throw a CEL
Old 04-11-2005, 06:51 PM   #4
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

Well, if your G/F's father owns a body shop and a race shop, and you get what you want when you want it, you would easily know the answer. But, i am gracious enough to tell you anyhow. Keep it in the stock location, but with the new straight pipe, drill a hole in the pipe approximatley where the old o2 was, and weld in an O2 bung where the new hole is. It shouldn't set a code if it is OBD1 due to the fact that it is not monitering the cats deterioration, but only the exhaust mixture. The stock O2 is in front of the cat anyhow. If your g/f's father does any kind of racing, he would know this, though you may have not asked him yet. But i would ask him questions before i would ask half of the ppl in here if he has real experience. And by the way, its not a good idea to come in here sounding like an arrogent asshole and then expect to get answers. consider yourself lucky. I am not condoning removing your cat, as doing so will pollute the atmosphere, as well as causing your car not to pass any kind of emissions inspection, as well as making you car annoyingly loud. After you put on a resonator and a big muffler to keep the sound tolerable, you will have essentially created the same amount of backpressure as a highflow cat with a nice free flowing catback exhaust would. but whatever. I would only do a straight pipe exhaust system if it were a strictly racing car, then i probably wouldn't put a muffler on it either.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Privatebigandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
ImSoYesterday
AF Enthusiast

It is like this, I am not having him do it anymore, because he recently made my "people I do not like" list. He doesn't know his shit about cars with computers. Here in Michigan we don't test for emissions...yet.

TSS: Rockin' the Bitches' Faces.
B16A2 engine with:
Short ram intake.
DC Sport header: Ceramic coated, 4-2-1.
Custom headerback exhaust with disconnected muffler.
MSD Ignition system. (With Enkei wires)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/imsoyesterday
Old 04-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #6
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Privatebigandrew Send a message via Yahoo to Privatebigandrew

whoa whoa whoa, i just read your new profile, where in the hell do you get 195 at the crank from, with those mods, you are getting 5 from CAI, 5 from header, 4 from exhaust and nothing from the MSD. All those numbers are at best too. At most you are making 175HP at the crank and 145HP at the wheels. not tring to sound like a dick, but i would change that or no one is gonig to take you seriously. I hope you dont tell ppl that when they ask you how much power you are making.
Accel plug wires, NGK iridium IX plugs, AEM short ram intake, DC sports ceramic coated header (4-2-1), Airmass high flow cat ,Custom Magnaflow exhaust, Bosal Brospeed tips, Neuspeed short throw shifter, Tokico clutch master cylinder, Tokico clutch slave cylinder, Prothane complete kit bushings, Brembo front rotors, NR EL-Glo instrument gauges, CTR LSD trans with ITR final drive, Exedy chromoly flywheel, ACT HDSS clutch kit, Raxle axles.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
ImSoYesterday
AF Enthusiast

Well, according to the guys with the "dynojet engine dyno" i have 195.

B16A2 engine with:
Short ram intake.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:35 PM   #8
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

do you know what dynojet is, it is a computer program designed to guess what HP would be with certain mods. There are so many factors that it leaves out that there is no way it is accurate. go to http://www.importreview.com/d_1.6.html for some real graphs on what a similar car to your setup is producing. For A b16 there is about a 17% HP lose to the wheels from the engine....
Old 04-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #9
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper

the day a only semi bolted on b16a makes 195 ....

you'd be lucky to see 145 at the wheels
MSD does nadda you dont have full intake or exhaust and dc header is meh at best.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:30 PM   #10
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

Thank you, someone who understands....
Old 04-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #11
Juicy05
AF Enthusiast

man 195 with no stickers? DAMN
Juicy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:21 PM   #12
Privatebigandrew
AF Regular

yeah, i mean, he needs at least an APC sticker to get those kinda numbers Just kidding man.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:24 AM   #13
ImSoYesterday
AF Enthusiast

I fgot the SS, the GTR, the POWERED BY VTEC and, VTEC TUNED sticker. that was at least 2,000 horsepower..... (I want people to push me down if I ever have those)

B16A2 engine with:
Short ram intake.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol