Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fusion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
castilla
AF Newbie

check eng. light on P0446

i just had a buddy a autozone pull the code for me and it comes back P0446 EVAP something so long i couldnt remeber but i never had an issue with this car ever and now this happens after all but the driver door handles break. ive got a 07 fusion 4cyl warranty has expired due to mileage and im broke from helping my daughters car being fixed ( 1200.00 )
any help would be appreciated
castilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: check eng. light on P0446

If you're not experiencing driveability problems, and the chances are you're not, you can sit on this one a while. Other than having the check engine light on it shouldn't effect much. Course if your state requires a smog check then you'll have to get it fixed in order to turn off the check engine light and pass the test. Here's a link that explains your code. Your code is what's termed a generaic code meaning it applies to many vehicles and not just your fusion, therefore the terms for components are generic. Ford may have other terms for the same thing: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0446

FYI - You'll notice I'm an "Advisor". Most of my experience is on Chrysler and Toyota products with some experience sprinkled on other vehicles. I'm fairly new to Fords. Anything I post regarding Fords is based on general knowledge and what I've read on this and other forums over the last 7-8 years.

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
AutoService101
AF Newbie

Re: check eng. light on P0446

That code is a vent control valve code. Chances are you need a new one (not sure of cost on that vehicle). Will not cause you any issues, try and clear the code and see if it comes back...

Do you ever over fill your full tank (when gas quicks pumping do you force a little more in)???

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fusion