Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
CBJR
AF Newbie

3000gt sl exhaust& misc.

i recently purchased a 95 3000gt sl im not to hip with these cars more old school. but would flowmaster 40 series sound decent? it already has a cold air but im also curious on what size pipe to run as well. The wallets not so deep so be gentle with suggestions. PS any other bolt on opinions are appreciated. thank you
CBJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
quackmandude
AF Enthusiast

Re: 3000gt sl exhaust& misc.

magnaflows sound great on these cars. i put a straight pipe, dual magnas at the tips, and a custom downpipe the guys at the local mufller shop made for me. sounds great, and honestly striaght pipes the way to go if u want hp, and u dont live imn cali. i suggest putting a resonator on there cuz the garting noise it makes. o and 2 and a half in piping is good for the sls, 3 in for vr4
SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6)
quackmandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
CBJR
AF Newbie

Thanks for the imput. another ?, would 18in rims be to much for the sus. setup on that car>? im debating either those or 17s. i just dont want to comprimise the handling end of it. if not, would a 1in 2 drop still b able to tuck 18s?. Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
quackmandude
AF Enthusiast

both sixes will work, i suggest 17s with 245 45 17 tires. ull be good on the stock sus. as for dropping it i dunno if u wanna spend 800 bucks on a full coilover set. or u can just get springs
SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6)
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
CBJR
AF Newbie

thanks again for the information u have presented me. very helpfull. If i do decide to run straights with no res. just cat. will the sound be decent or will it sound like sh!t? and end it with some magna flows like you suggested. on that note should i purchase the magna. with packing or with perferated holes throughout? -Thank you.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
quackmandude
AF Enthusiast

my magnas dont have holes, i actually have a tocomas resonator. at first it was straight all the way, but when ur running hard andlet off there was a nasty farting noise. the res took it away. i used a tacomas cuz it was 2 and a halfinch already and flowed nice. the magnas sound great man dont worry there

o and springs i suggest eibachs, i have intrax but they r hard to find, bot r great.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Intrax arent hard to find anymore. Everyone has them back in stock.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
quackmandude
AF Enthusiast

o really, ok then go with intrax, thanks stealthee
Old 06-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
CBJR
AF Newbie

sorry about all of the ?'s just learning more day by day. The reason why I asked about the magna's was that summit racing has 2 dif. cylinderical style mufflers, 1's w/packing and another is perferated holes>? dont quote me on the exact classifacation of the 2, but im just not sure what Packing would meen with those muff. Glasspack>? or something diff. And Stealthee sweet car looks sinister. I already ordered the springs going from the opinions given the trust is with you guys that know your Sh!t. - Thank You
Old 06-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #10
quackmandude
AF Enthusiast

dont go glasspacks, lol. no prob ma anytime hit us up
Old 06-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
CBJR
AF Newbie

summit also carries the power-programmers for the 3k's. is it even worth it? looking to do some bolt-on's this weekend, trying to stay out of the guts though. some ppl are saying VR4 inj. others pulleys. Suggestions?
- Thank you
Old 06-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #12
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Dont listen to people who have no clue what they are talking about. Not only would VR4 injectors burn up quickly in a SL, they would cause it to run like shit and likely cause a spun bearing from so much fuel getting past the rings into the fuel.

The stock NA 210 injectors are actually a little large for NA's as they run rich from the factory.

Don't buy into the power programmers for these cars as there currently is none. Our ECU's aren't flashable.

Stock sized lightweight crank pulley from 3sx is a nice add on but you dont see much power from it. Downpipe and test pipe will net some nice power. In fact the test pipe alone will add more power than an aftermarket catback.

Keep it simple. You are not going to gain gobs of power with bolt ons on a NA 3s. YOu may eventually get it up to the stock rated 222 crank hp since it really only has about 205-210 from the factory.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
quackmandude
AF Enthusiast

yeah steathees right. theres a good mod list somewhere. i think on 3si, someone give him a link, im on my phone al the dame time, lol.

the best wa to free up power for the na's is to get the engine breathing good. intake, the long tube headers r nice, and a full exaust. pully will help to. after that id go with some reliabily, like a good radiator if u plan on street racing a bit, then u can start thinking about the big stuff inside, cams, gears, etc.

regardless of what we say or idiots somewhere else, its ur car and do u what u want, but be sure first and foremost its a safe modifacation, and make sure ur cars running top notch before modding.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #14
CBJR
AF Newbie

whats going on, well bad news. now the car wont idol worth a f%%K. if and when it does idol it could range anywhere from 900-1500 then it stalls. Now theres other times where it idols fine at and inbetween 900-1100. sometimes the car is fine and other times it just dies right off startup. some ppl were saying the IAC module? others ECU and some fuel related issues, but I have good fuel pressure and oil pressure. Any thoughts guys, throw me a bone please 1 step forward 2 back you know how it is. -Thank You.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #15
quackmandude
AF Enthusiast

sound like ur iac, its easy to replace man, i got mine for like 70 bucks at orielys.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth