Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
The Monarch
AF Newbie

Question Connecting phone to stereo

I have a 2001 Ford Taurus SEL with a rather rare stereo/air-conditioning console. Most 2001 Taurus models have an analog console with dials for the A/C, but mine is all digital.

I want to be able to connect my phone to the stereo to play music, but the car is pretty old so there's no auxiliary port. I was using one of those cassette tape adapters, but now my cassette player suddenly doesn't work anymore. I would love to just buy a new head unit, but because I have that rare digital console, it would cost me about $200 for a new dash kit, plus the cost of a head unit.

Is there another way I can connect my phone to my stereo without having to spend so much money?

I have a 6-disc CD changer in the mid-console. Somebody told me I could replace the CD changer with some device that can connect a phone or MP3 player, but it only works for Apple devices; I have an Android, and I have no intention of switching. Is there maybe something similar for Android?
The Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: Connecting phone to stereo

there is probably some cable. somewhere that will do something similar but I wouldn't even know where to begin to look
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
partyd
AF Newbie

Re: Connecting phone to stereo

There is no need to replace the radio, you can add and auxiliary interface to your Ford radio,
and use that aux jack to plug anything with audio iPod iPhone mp3 Android tables, anything with a headphone jack , the auxiliary interface will plug into the CD changer cable, once install you will have the option to select aux or CD changer from the radio using the seek buttons Ford aux interface
partyd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio