Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
griszi.81
AF Newbie

Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) that '92

So I buy a '92 Stanza from a total Pro mechanic ..

She was explaining to me that she had modified the car so that with a hand vacuum pump, and her Valved Oil Breather Cap ; you can crank up the power. the thing idles at like 30 MPH..

I didnt have the loot at the time so i passed.

Well.. When demonstrating this too me the car kind of sagged on the rear suspension; when she vaccuum pumped this oil breather or the crank case the car sat up on the suspension. sounds crazy but I got an oil change at Jiffy Lube and they got all excited.. .. they asked if they could vacuum pump it and i said yes. they did this and again for a little while the car idled like a champion but since i have the standard brather cap with no valve it sort of lost it over time.

can someone shed some light a little bit .. ive been reading up on PCV a bit and would love to discuss it.

Maybe i should go back to that Jiffy Lube.

I feel like a losr
griszi.81 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Almera | Sunny | Pulsar | Bluebird | Tiida | Versa | NX | Avenir | Tino | Stanza