Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
roll2daspot
AF Newbie

Paybacks a bitch

Well after 2 years with the grand am and all its 15 second glory I decided to sell it and step up a bit. I was looking for a 5.0 mustang at first but then I came across a mean 98 z28 camaro, a little more then I wanted to spend right now but I had to have the ls1. The guy I bought it from had done some work on it, headers, exaust, intake and some other stuff, so its not stock.
Ive only drove it about 5 times so far, and Im loving every second of it, this thing would put bus lengths on my grand am.
/end rant

Anyway I was cruising around yesterday because it was so nice out and I come up to a buddy of mine at a light in his almighty prelude which would beat me by a car or so in the grand am many times. So light turns green and he punches it and gets a bit of spin but then takes off, I just roll through the intersection normal as to not burn off my tires and then punch it, which fails still because im not used to this much torque. I spin for a few seconds and grab with him a few cars ahead with his little v tec screaming and reel him in and blow past til im like 4 cars ahead then I let off because im still not used to this thing and I proved my point.

Not much of a race but I thought id post it cause its my first in the new car and im pumped.
roll2daspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #2
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Re: Paybacks a bitch

nice stuff, its awesome to have a new faster car isn't it?
GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:11 PM   #3
roll2daspot
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce957
nice stuff, its awesome to have a new faster car isn't it?
oh ya for sure, lol in the GA if you floored it from 50kph it would almost chirp the tires. This car if I try that I blow the tires off and go sideways.
roll2daspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth

Nice kill, my friend has a 99 z28 with exhaust so I know what you mean by not being used to the torque! Keep up the kills!
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:47 AM   #5
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

just get some practice in with it and some new good tires, and you will run some decently good times...
GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing