Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:10 PM   #31
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Re: how come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdetore
I get the feeling ratios vary from city to city. Many more Z's around here (Seattle).
yeah but in general there are probably more supras being driven on the roads in the US than Z32's...we are talking 40-50,000 Z32's still left driving. but i dont know how many supras were sold in the US so ill just end that there...

supra has a great drivetrain...thats about the only thing i like about it. they styling is too wierd...it just doesnt fit my liking.

the FD, that is a different story. probably my seond favorite car out of that whole early 90's japanese supercar ordeal. great handling, great styling, great power from a 1.3L motor....i like it. and if i can ever afford one along with my Z32 and numerous other projects, i will have one.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #32
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: how come

it's not a 1.3 litre... well not comparable to a 1.3 litre in this case.... that's the one thing i can't stand about some rx-7 guys is them RANTING and RAVING that their little 1.3 litre can beat up on 3 litres... it's a completely different system.... you can't compare rotary displacement to piston displacement fairly... it just doesn't work!
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:51 PM   #33
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Del-Z..... the 13B (FD and FC Rotorys) ARE 1.3L..... propper way to put it is 654cc X2. All a Rotory is is a small (REAL small) I6 if you look at how they work. They have 6 chambers, 3 in each rotor housing, only 1 is on the powerstroke at a time the other 5 are on varies stages of the engine cycle. The only flaw in the Rotory design is it oiling system, but I see this as a minor issue to me, but a major issue for a daily driver that needs to keep up with ever stricter emmissions laws.

K3, the RX7 had three gens..
FB
FC
FD

All three had different engines.
FB-12A & 13B(carb)
FC- 13B
FD-13B
even the new FE (RX8) has a 13B-Renises.
And a few RX7s out there have the monster 20B......dont mess with those they eat EVERYTHING even small children. I know some RX fanatic is going to come over and jump all over about my talking about the Rotory, but I am not going to go into the differenceses between all 4 or 5 rotories in the RX7s. And trust me there are quite a few differences.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:38 PM   #34
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

the fb's with the 13b in them with ported everything and full exhaust/intake fking rock lol
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:37 PM   #35
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: how come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodo
K3, the RX7 had three gens..
FB
FC
FD

All three had different engines.
FB-12A & 13B(carb)
FC- 13B
FD-13B
even the new FE (RX8) has a 13B-Renises.
And a few RX7s out there have the monster 20B......dont mess with those they eat EVERYTHING even small children. I know some RX fanatic is going to come over and jump all over about my talking about the Rotory, but I am not going to go into the differenceses between all 4 or 5 rotories in the RX7s. And trust me there are quite a few differences.
thanks for the info hodo...i know about the FB3S, FC3S, FD3S, and FE3S but i always get how they do motors because i know there is the 13B, but then you got the 20B and the 13B cosmo i believe. what is the cosmo??? i believe that motor was only offered to Japan and it is a die ard rotary engine over here, kinda like the RB series. but yeah thanks for explaing what each motor is called and what car it went into.

anyways, i would love to have a pearl white FC convertible TII with a tan cloth roof and bronze wheels...what a dream!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)