Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:33 AM   #1
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stephenp
z 31 mods

we all got them(or atleast most of do) but any way what are they and approx what did they cost

1. exhaust 3" no cat staight through muffler 130 (custom bent by a freind
2. intake 3" cone approx 35 for a stainless steel
3. ignition tune up (ie performance plugs custom wires cap rotor and a msd blaster 2 coil 180
4. wraped the manifolds with header wrap (reflective covered with non reflective 100
5. external spring for wastegate (raises boost to approx 12 to 13 psi approx 5$
6. wight reduction (lightweight plastic racing seats (major reduce over leather elec body sonics) carpet removal all ac equipment spare tire and jackonly the price of the seats at 100
7. removed powersteering ac compresser and mechanical fan (replaced with elec) approx 60 for the fan
8. new timing belt and water pump (no performance but (exept maybe the timing belt (she was steched BAD) 100
9. all fluids changed to high quality synthetic(ie oil tranny(manual gear oil) rear end and antifreeze plain antifreeze (prestone) with water water `100
10. cooler thermostat 6
11. resistor for fuel temp sensor (lol is 240 hot enough ) 5 for .99

well thats all i can think of off the top of my head but id like to hear what you guys have done so i can have some ideas and sorry i know i forgot alot but i figure this is enogh to jot down for now and at approxamately 816.20 and some tax you got yourself a pretty good little screamer
ps anyone know where to get aftermarkt cams ect. and plan to get the na pistons to lol had them but kinda killed the whole na motor i had oops
stephenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

Re: z 31 mods

Only 1 mod on my Z32, UR underdrive pulley. No others needed yet. Working on a supercharged VG30DE to drop in a Z32 probly by next summer/fall.

Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

now come on 12 veiws and 1 reply no one have any mods? or just not typing come on i dont care if you say weight reduction from rust or low on oil = weighjt reduction come on lol
Old 03-16-2005, 05:25 PM   #4
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
my Z32 is going through a 850lbs weight reduction as we speak but i have only reduced about 300lbs as of now.

anyways, mods eh...

Z31:
-hallowed cat and performance muffler
-cone air filter

Z32:
who f***ing knows, because i sure as hell do not... all i know, it is gonna be quicker than it was 3 months ago.
ZedEx Crew Member #4

Last edited by k3smostwanted; 03-16-2005 at 06:35 PM.
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT

umm yah i have wight redicton on my z31 --- hence the rust ....thats it lol

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
ExTrEmEDrIfT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:46 PM   #6
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

forgot the alternative grounding kit i propaganded from a company only i ran grounds to places that were close to the plugs as possible and kept all other grounds as connected to the supplys on the same side of the battery as the ones to the plugs and the same for all powers but on the side posts (2 terminals top and side) i ran ones to my alternator that is after isolating it from the rest of the engine using plastic bushings and ran the power to the alternative battery posts as well in hopes to eliminate the chances of alternater whine interference (may only net .1 hosre maybe net 100?? lol maybe only net 1 mpg may net 10 lol) every little bit helps and for the record as you can tell i havent put a whole lotta money in the car all together just a lot of time but maybe someday ill be rich and put alot of time and money uinto it but till then ill stick with the dirt lol
Old 03-17-2005, 06:52 AM   #7
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

ok heres a question i might should have posted somewhere else. but it is a mod that im not sure as to if it will work, or can be done more so. i want to increase fuel capacity but i want it to be done almost for free, i know nothing is free and in this day in age can anyone excpect any thing for freee?. but anyway i got a spare injector and was wodering what volts or amps do they use? or more so can i run a seperate wire from the other injectors, due to the recall they run 2 sets of injectors i dont remember what 3 are insinc with what 3, but can i splice into one set and rob the ability to power another injector. i would place it probably near the throttle bodie, although itll lose alot of atomazation, and is a very crude way of doiong so but iu just want a little extra punch for a little pocket lint.. basicly what im wondering is if i ran a 4th injector of 1 of the stes will it rob too much power and result in semifunctional injectors, if thats possible.. or does anyone know of an alternative ways or means..
by the way it will be ran off a full throttle switch but anyway any info on the subject would help
Old 03-17-2005, 07:07 PM   #8
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

i'm 90% sure that wouldn't work... you'd just bog the engine down like crazy if i understand what you're asking correctly.. for more power you need more fuel AND air... one or the other and it goes bad either way... either bogs out or explodes... it might work if you were able to tune it right and maybe run a little bit of nitrous to compensate for the extra fuel
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:39 PM   #9
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

currently as you can see im running 12 psi and was wondering if to squeeze out the extra horse or 2 that were lost from the increase . not that it at all decreased by any means i mean the fact that it could produce more power if the fuel was increased also . you said more fuel and air i have more air (more fuel to kinda forgot the mod to the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel temp sensor). also the air fuel ratio gauge is always in the rich side under boost, only by like 1 green bar(autometer gauge has a total of 20 led lights) just thought it would give a little more bang and was wondering if it would be able to be poiwered of the same lines as the other injectors or would it create to much of a draw???
at any rate is it possible to steal the juice from them or do i need another ways and means
Old 03-17-2005, 08:45 PM   #10
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

also on the note of nitrous where like as in what type of company do i get nitrous from i always wondered that i mean i know i can instal with a few little tricks ie i can obtane nozzles of any size in a drop of a hat. but how and where do i get it, you can buy a kit at your local kmart(sarcasm better luk at walmart , ok neither ) but where can i get it and what should i be loking to spend for a set amount of it???

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)