Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain Discuss Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
bov3220
AF Newbie

Question clutch problem..i think

alright guys a lil background.. 1990 talon tsi awd turbo, car sat for aobut a year total, i dorve it about 7 miles last summer when i did the slave and masters.

now the problem... i was on my way to the inlaws i was not even on the road for 2 miles and it just wont go any more, i could not get it over 35 @ first , i stoped dead in the road and put it in 1st and gave it hell all the way through 2nd ..hit 3ed and could not get past 35 mph, then would not go any where, i could shift through the gears w/o useing the clutch. there was no grinding in the gears , almost like the clutch would not engauge or comeback together

i reved it up to about 6G and it wanted to go but only moved not even an inch. i was towd back to the inlaws and it sat for about 6 hours and i started it back up and put it in reverse and it wend about 30 feet , i put it into 1st and it would not move at all, back to reverse and nothing !

nothing is leaking , all fluids are full , not clean but full...
i have no idea as to what it is , im not the greatest with manual trans

any help would be GREATLY appreciated
bov3220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:11 AM   #2
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse
Re: clutch problem..i think

If the rpms climb and the speedo doesn't then yes your clutch is slipping. Beating the shit out of the car has only caused you more problems. With all that heat that built up plan on replacing everying in there. Pressure plate, flywheel, clutch disc. Was the car tachin out in 3rd and still not going 35mph?

If you car has a problem you should try and figure it out before driving the shit out of the car. Its really easy to see when the clutch is slipping, your car may have just needed some adjustment on the pedal. I cant say for sure without seeing it but your are going to have to replace it now.
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
SilvrEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
bov3220
AF Newbie

well first i had already adjusted every thing last summer when i was getting the car running i replaced the master and the slave, bled every thing out , it drove GREAT LAST SUMMER, i only took it maybe 10 miles tops tho and many other 3 n 4 mile drives picken out the bugs. but as i was moveing it this time it died, i mean i was driving "normal" at first but i never really beat it

i only shifted into 3ed gear to see if it would dog down or catch...something ya know, 3ed gear i was not picking up any speed at all and i was maybe @ 4G on the tack, even when i down shifted i did not feel it drag ..nothing .

today i went over and got it to where i can work on it and i can move the shifter from 1-5+ reverse EASILY with out pushing in the clutch pedal as the car IS RUNNING, as im doing that the engine does not dog down noting....

all i have to go by is my haynes lol and that is about a quick run down of things, is there any other places off hand you or anyone can think of where i can read up on doing the clutch and misc. things im probaly going to have to do now ... i have done several automatic trans be for but never a manual, from what i have read and been told ....its kinda stright fwd.... right?
Old 05-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #4
CL8
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
i reved it up to about 6G and it wanted to go but only moved not even an inch. i was towd back to the inlaws and it sat for about 6 hours and i started it back up and put it in reverse and it wend about 30 feet , i put it into 1st and it would not move at all, back to reverse and nothing !
I hope you have NICE inlaws!
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;
and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:9-10
CL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
bov3220
AF Newbie

lol yeah , they dont care

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
clutch , trans
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain