Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Beetle - New/New Beetle Convertible
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
04turbobeetle
AF Newbie

04 Beetle Convertible Door Latch?

Hi all. I have a 2004 Turbo Conv. Beetle and I had the drivers rear window acuator replaced. When I brought the car home from the dealer I noticed that when I open the passenger door (opposite side of the repair) the window does not pop down to allow room to open under the convertible top and the door light does not come on. It operates normaly with the Key remote. Key remote will lower window so that it does not catch on the top. The door handle on inside or outside of door has no effect. I took it back to the dealer and they said it was my door latch. I asked if something could have come loose while they were working on the actuator and they said no way since it is on the opposite side. Seems very odd that it was fine before the repair but they won't do anything about it. Any ideas? I am trying to sell the car and it is really bad timing.

Thanks
04turbobeetle is offline   Reply With Quote