Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 01:08 AM   #1
TheRiju
AF Newbie

Pioneer Car Stereo Wire Harness

Hey everyone, I'm in a bit of a situation here and was hoping for some help. I have a a Pioneer DEH-1600 already installed in my 99 accord which my dad paid to have installed professionally at pepboys. I recently just purchased a Pioneer DEH-1300mp to replace my old one because I wanted an aux input but I really don't wan't to fork out that much money to have it installed. So I was thinking of doing it myself. The problem is that I know little to nothing about wiring. I can take things apart and install things but I have never tried wiring. The stereo I purchased came with a wire harness as well and I was wondering if I have to completely rewire the harness or if I could just unhook the old stereo and plug the new one in. Especially since the two pioneer stereos are the same model line, I would think that they would use the same wire harness. But unfortunately I do not know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TheRiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: Pioneer Car Stereo Wire Harness

compare the harness of the old Pioneer already installed with the new one, if the wire colors and shape of the plug atre the same you should be able to just plug the new one into the old harness.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
TheRiju
AF Newbie

Thanks for replying! Sounds easy enough haha. Do you know of anyway I could compare the harnesses without completely taking apart the dash of my car?
TheRiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

you only need take the radio out and compare the one already wired up to the the one that came with the new one.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio