Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
6000wagonman
AF Newbie

Cruise Control adjustments?

Hi! After pulling a 25 foot trailer with my 2000 Dodge B3500 Maxivan with the 360 engine and a 4.10 rear end ratio for several thousand miles with a lot of mountain driving, there are some parameters I would like to change in the cruise control. Does anyone know if this unit is reprogrammable/adjustable in any way? I don't want it to floor the throttle every time the speed drops 2 mph below it's setting! I would like it to gradually increase the throttle setting so that the vehicle will slow down at least 10-15 mph before full acceleration is reached, and even then I don't want the throttle to be pulled down as far it is now. I will downshift manually as needed as the speed decreases, and if necessary on very steep grades take over throttle depressing duties, so that is not an issue. You've probably guessed by now that all this is in an effort to increase fuel economy without having to always use the gas pedal.

Another annoyance is that as set now the cruise control tends to overshoot the speed setting when first engaged, although it does settle back pretty close to the correct setting in a few seconds.

If this unit cannot be programmed/adjusted to my liking, does anyone know of a programmabble aftermarket cruise control?

Thanks, 6000wagonman
6000wagonman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical