Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Wrangler
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
sprocketjuice
AF Newbie

((56k Warning)) Post Engine Fire - Help Routing Emissions hoses

5/06 i purchased this YJ that had an engine fire (heavily restricted to the carb area) as a little project i might take on. After putting in a rebuilt carb, rewiring most of the harness, and dancing through the spider web of emissions hoses, I'm still having problems keeping her running. Heres a list of what I've done so far:

5/29/2006 Jeep Wragler Sahara

5/29/2006 Hanes Repair Manual
5/31/2006 Transfer Fees
6/1/2006 Jeep OEM Key Blanks (x2)

6/3/2006 Rebuilt Carburator

6/3/2006 14 Gauge Wire
6/3/2006 14 Gauge Connectors
6/3/2006 Heat Shrink Tubing

6/3/2006 Knock Sensor

6/3/2006 Thin Vaccum Line
6/3/2006 Med 1 Vaccum Line
6/3/2006 Med 2 Vaccum Line
6/3/2006 Thick Vaccum Line
6/3/2006 Vacuum Tee Pack
6/3/2006 PCV Elbow
6/3/2006 Hose Claps 5/16ths

6/3/2006 Large Bolt Pack

6/3/2006 Air Filter
6/3/2006 Fuel Filter
6/3/2006 Breather Filter
6/3/2006 PCV Valve

8/24/2006 Bosch Spark Plug Wires
8/24/2006 Bosch Super Spark Plugs
8/24/2006 Spark Plug Gapper
8/24/2006 Spark Plug Anti-Seize Paste
8/24/2006 Spark Plug Boot Grease
8/24/2006 Bosch O2 Sensor
8/24/2006 Wells Ignition Coil

After all this fun and some tweaking of the carb i was able to get her running. I took her out to a main road and noticed she idled and accelerated fine until 40mph, where id feel a loss of power. I'm sure i've got some emissions hoses on incorrectly, and i hope some one can send me a pic or information pertaining to the routing of these hoses, because the drawings under the hood don't show all of the hoses, and the Hanes manual simply redraws the drawings under the hood (go figure). Here are some before pics, with more to come later.

'
sprocketjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
sprocketjuice
AF Newbie

Re: ((56k Warning)) Post Engine Fire - Help Routing Emissions hoses

Whew! Finaly got this jeep running again. Seems like the "experts" who rebuilt my carb but on the wrong choke coil. I popped in a replacement and threw in a fresh tank of gas and shes running alright. I'm posting some pictures of this work in progress, and a few questions any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heres a pic of the engine bay. Most all of the vacuum hoses have been replaced. The air cleaner has been bolted down (it was just dancing throughout the engine bay when i purchased it), but i'm planning to paint it later.

Heres a pic of the rebuilt carb:

This is a picture of a vacuum hose that has suction, but no home. Any help with reuniting this poor lost soul would be greatly appreciated.

This is a shot of the wiring harness i rebuilt. Notice the burnt hose extending from between the harness and the red hose? This burnt hose goes directly into the rear of the valve cover, where its supposed to connect to before that, is a mystery to me.

I'm still having problems getting the air to fuel mixture exactly correct. She starts up fine usually after shes warm, but gives a tough time starting in the cold. The smog test says shes running rich so i've got much more fun ahead of me. Does any one know where the marks on the choke normally should be lined up? Thanks!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
sprocketjuice
AF Newbie

Re: ((56k Warning)) Post Engine Fire - Help Routing Emissions hoses

Aha! i think i've found where that lonely vacum tube with suction goes! However my idle RPM is already way too high even though i have the screw turned out all the way, and connecting this hose only makes my high rpms worse! ::sigh::

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Wrangler